WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #21 of 53 Hotels in Rapid City
Kailua Kona, HI
“Quiet inside and out.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

We used to stay across the street at another brand "inn" but after three tries, we were tired of the thin walls and poor service. This is our second stay here and love it. Staff was friendly and efficient. Fresh baked cookies were available in the afternoon. Rooms were clean, quiet and spacious.

Couple of downsides, the WiFi was very slow and the breakfast menu did not vary.

The breakfast provided was the usual free fare which was good and breakfast area was large and well maintained. The breakfast area was available at other times for brought in meals to be shared with the family. There is a Ruby Tuesdays right next door. The wall thermostat worked well with the below the window unit which was quiet when on. We stayed warm in spite of the single digit weather outside. We plan to stay here again next time in Rapid.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn while visiting family in Rapid City. We had our twin toddlers with us and the staff - especially Steve the night manager did a great job making sure everything was perfect for our stay. We had the cribs we requested ready to go in our room and we were free to use the dining area any time of day which was perfect for kiddo snack time. The only inconvenience was when the heater kicked on every hour or so for 30 seconds blowing cold air in from outside. Not sure why this was and have never experienced this at a hotel before. We would definitely consider staying at this Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bill M
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

A few days back I stayed at this Comfort Inn while my mother was in the hospital down the street. In my rush to check out, I lost a ring that I had taken off in the bathroom. As I was heading back to my home in Sioux Falls I realized I did not have it on. As I was still on the road, my husband called on my behalf. Steve, the evening manager went up to the room and searched the bathroom, toilet bowl and all while my husband was on the phone. I later found the ring in my luggage.....but I wanted to say thank you, Steve for going the extra mile on my behalf. I have been using the Comfort Inn while my mother has been hospitalized and the staff is awesome.

Thanks again, Steve

A very satisfied customer
12-4-12

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Our greeting at the check-in desk was very pleasant, professional and helpful. Our room was located on the 1st floor which made it very convenient and accessible for us throughout our stay. The room was clean and fully stocked with products for our need. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean - the water warm - soap and shampoo was provided.
The breakfast bar was well stocked for our desire and taste and also had friendly staff. The front desk staff was helpful and pleasent during our stay and at check-out.
Overall, we had a very pleasant stay and give the Hotel a superior rating for any future stays in the Rapid City area. Thank You!!
Arnold and Jan Schimke

Room Tip: Be kind to the staff. It has its rewards.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
naples,fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I come to Rapid quite often for business and I must say that this is one of the better properties in town. The build quality of the hotel seems to be beyond the average hotel, with high quality fixtures and furnishings throughout. The best part is the toilets ( I'm not kidding!). They are the true "jet flush" kind, and you will marvel at their efficiency!
The amenities are generous in this property. The free breakfast has fresh fruit choices, fresh waffles, and different baked goods. There is a business center and a well equipped gym with a wonderful swimming pool. The rooms are large and have free wi-fi, and a nice flat screen TV.
The location is ideal, as you are close to downtown and Mt. Rushmore is literally a right hand turn out the hotel, and then about a 20 minute scenic drive. There is also a Ruby Tuesday's right out the front door if you don't feel like driving out for a meal.
Overall, the property is clean, staff is friendly, and the value can't be beat!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was a very nice hotel. Clean, quite and friendly. I thought the bed was a little hard, but my hubby thought it was perfect. When we checked in the front desk told us that there were four high school choirs staying at the hotel! They assured us that they put us in a quite room and it was! I was shocked it even faced the street & Ruby Tuesday but we did not hear any street traffic and the not a peep from the high schoolers. Close to Mr Rushmore. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a jacuzzi suite - loved it! It was on the third floor and very quite.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New Haven
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

This stay was one the worst I have ever had. The noise from an adolescent girls' volleyball team was intolerable. What's worse, when I went to complain at 10:00 PM, the management trteated me like I was the problem. In fact, the hostess just laughed at me and told ME to be quiet. I immediately checked out and went to another hotel. If the staff cannot keep their guests quiet and respectful of other guests I don't have any respect for them. You'd have to be desperate to stay here. The evening/night of this hotel needs training.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo