“Rapid City Trip”

Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Florida
“Rapid City Trip”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was a very nice hotel. Clean, quite and friendly. I thought the bed was a little hard, but my hubby thought it was perfect. When we checked in the front desk told us that there were four high school choirs staying at the hotel! They assured us that they put us in a quite room and it was! I was shocked it even faced the street & Ruby Tuesday but we did not hear any street traffic and the not a peep from the high schoolers. Close to Mr Rushmore. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a jacuzzi suite - loved it! It was on the third floor and very quite.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
New Haven
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This stay was one the worst I have ever had. The noise from an adolescent girls' volleyball team was intolerable. What's worse, when I went to complain at 10:00 PM, the management trteated me like I was the problem. In fact, the hostess just laughed at me and told ME to be quiet. I immediately checked out and went to another hotel. If the staff cannot keep their guests quiet and respectful of other guests I don't have any respect for them. You'd have to be desperate to stay here. The evening/night of this hotel needs training.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Chuck52310
Oakwood, Georgia
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very nice hotel. Very clean and convenient to town. Free cookies in the evening. I was pleasantly suprised to find such a nice hotel so far from the rest of the world. I only was able to stay the one night, but I will definitely stay here again when I come back into town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I am so relaxed tonight. Currently in a comfortable bed looking out at a nice vista. Nice walk to Ruby Tuesday's and a great dinner just down the steps. I love not to drive somewhere for dinner after driving all day! Great service by the front desk when I called for reservations. Hayden was running the front desk and did a great job and had warm cookies baked for us as we came in from dinner.

Room Tip: Top floor for the view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed three nights in room 324. Everything was great except for a definite mold smell in the bathroom. The room was a suite with two TVs, microwave, and mini fridge. The breakfast was basic in nature and acceptable. The front desk was very helpful about places see and what is still open.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Maine
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I rarely give 5 stars to anything, but this place deserves them. I've stayed a week in a very comfortable suite, complete with comfortable furniture and kitchenette. The rooms are clean and spacious, with a nice view of the grasslands. I needed to work as well as visit a relative, and the internet has been great. The lovely indoor pool, hot tub, and exercise room are very welcome. The staff is friendly, and the breakfast is ample and varied. I asked for a quiet room and was assigned one at the end of the hall.

The price is very reasonable here, at least during October, which is a spectacular month with the aspens blazing yellow. Very high value.

I do like to walk and don't have a car while here, so I wish there were sidewalks to the hotel on Mt. Rushmore Rd. That said, the beautiful West Boulevard historic homes district is nearby once you get off the main road.

Room Tip: end of hall on 2nd floor facing the back is quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Good location for seeing Black Hills area. Clean, good service, and good breakfast. Quiet and away from traffic. Large rooms with micro and frige. Do not like the little, puffy pillows the hotels are using. The always available coffee and evening fresh baked cookies was a nice touch. The price was reasonable for a tourist area. Would deffinately stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends