Our family stayed here for six nights during our vacation in South Dakota. The hotel was just off the interstate and central to all our destinations. We traveled to Wall, Badlands, Custer State Park, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, and Deadwood. There were several restuarants within walking distance. I remember Outback Steakhouse, Denny's, and TGI Fridays. The hotel was very clean and looked to be fairly new. We had a stardard room and ample space. We were gone most days and only there at night. There was an indoor pool (we didn't use) and they offered a free breakfast each morning with the usual muffins, bagels, fruits, etc. Our only complaint was that we were on the first floor and after being gone all day and returning well after dark, we discovered our windows and curtains left open. There were no screens so anyone had direct access to our room from outside. We brought this to the attention of the evening clerk who was not the least concerned and said housekeeping must have left them open. When we asked to speak to the manager we were told they would not be in until the morning. For the next three mornings we asked for management and we were told she was not in and we ask that she be left a note that we wanted to speak to her and they said it had been done. No one ever contacted us. Upon checkout we were still told she was not available. We would have appreciated some type of explanation or apology. No complaints about the property and we would stay there again, but they do need to work on their customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rapid City was fully renovated in 2013 and is well suited for both family and business needs. For the business traveler we have rooms with free high speed internet access and a business center available 24 hours a day. Our services include fax service and all rooms contain two line speaker phones. For the family, we have our large indoor pool with water feature, hot tub and a newly expanded fitness room. Our Express Start breakfast bar has something for everyone to start your morning off right. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rapid City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Rapid City
- Holiday Inn Rapid City
- Rapid City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Rapid City