“GREAT MEAL!”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #41 of 276 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Excellent place for good steak! New in town but they seem to be doing good. Friendly people an good service.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

All the times we have eaten there their food has been great. We like to take our out of town visitors there because we always know the meal will be great!!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I love the peppered steak salad. The place is fairly quiet, kids are ok as long as they are old enough to be quiet or are well behaved. booths as well as tables. wait staff is nice, the bar is pretty nice

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Showed up here late, the last diners to sit down. Started with a round of cocktails and the texas onion. The bar layout is incredible with a big longhorn over the bar surrounded by stone, just spectacular. The onion comes with a very nice dipping sauce. Great way to get things started. I had the porterhouse and the mrs had the grilled shrimp and sirloin combo. My steak had a little too much gristle but overall great taste, hence only 3 stars. The mrs loved her's. They closed the kitchen while we were still eating and said that desserts were not available. Again another reason for the 3 stars. Also didn't like the staff cleaning up the open section of the restaurant while we were trying to enjoy our dinner. So net net go early and be selective on the steak choices.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

First time we have been here since their soft opening. Were seated promptly shortly after 5:00 PM on a Friday night. Had a coupon for a free appetizer and the cheese stuffed mushrooms were very good. My wife and I also had the strawberry lemonade which was the best I've ever had, right down to the 1/2 fresh strawberry floating in it.

The steaks were okay- kind of chewey but the best part being is that each of ours was done perfectly to our tastes. I don't like overseasoned fries and the server told me each order is made individually so it would be no problem to serve them to me plain and that's the way they came.

Our server made sure our glasses were never empty and kept us informed along the way how our dinner was progressing, when the salads would arrive, etc. The manager stopped by very briefly, enough to show she cared but didn't hang around.

All in all a very pleasant experience. We will be back again.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

LOVE this place. As always service can be hit or miss at any restaurant. Otherwise YUMMY! The sweat potato ... Divine.