$139
$153
HolidayInn.com
$135
HIExpress.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$99
Sleep Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$105
$87
$109
Country Inn
Quality Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$110
$88
QualityInn
$119
Curio.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

1,113 results
All reviewsbreakfast buffetfront deskopen hoursomelet stationsitting areachoice hotelsfitness centervery nice hotelfire pitblack hillspool and hot tubbeer and wineworkout roomgreat place to stayking suitestayed one nighthome base
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We came back and stayed for 7 days over the Thanksgiving holiday. I thought that maybe, because it wasn't brand new anymore, the hotel may have depreciated. It did not. Everything was still great, awesome rooms, extremely comfortable beds, exceptionally clean, and fantastic service (Jenna and everyone else- not a single person disappointed). I am so impressed with how things are run there. Bravo! And thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Flowernessa
Sam C, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

You have discovered our goal! I want you to be able to return to visit us in 5 or 10 years from now and get the same experience each time. Our team works hard to provide exceptional service to all of our guests, and to make sure all of our guests find the facility in mint condition. We look forward to your next visit, and an opportunity to demonstrate that we truly will work diligently to make sure we are always the best choice.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

A Very Nice Place! Couldn't believe the how nice this place was, room was great, indoor pool and hot tub were nice and clean. The location is really good, plenty of restaurants nearby. No complimentary breakfast is the only complaint, but wasn't a big deal to us.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us! We take pride in the cleanliness of our pool, and hot tub. We hope you can return and stay with us again.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Great stay! Wish the pool would have had an area for smaller children. The rooms were really nice & roomy! The staff was friendly! & the price was great! We were with a group in town for a grade school football tournament!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to give us a review. We hope your team won! Next time you are in Rapid City we hope you will choose to stay with us.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Cambria Suites Christmas Eve, Christmas and the night after Christmas. The reviews of the hotel did not disappoint. What a pleasure it was to open the door into our room to find a huge, modern and very clean suite! My wife is in a power wheelchair, so the spacious suite allowed her to be comfortable away from home. The only frustrating element to the room was the bathroom. The bathroom was very spacious and modern; however, the grab bars did not work well for my wife (she's in her 30s - so she has very good strength) at all, and there was very little counterspace near the sink which required my wife to place stuff on her lap while she got ready. The grab bars with a very shiny, silver look to them were definitely appealing to the eye near the toilet and in and around the shower; however, they were very slippery to my wife. Plus, once there was steam in the room from the shower, it added condensation to the already slippery grab bars. I'm sure the grab bars are ADA compliant; however, my wife lost her independence in the bathroom as I needed to assist her from transferring to and from her wheelchair to the toilet. Ideally, it would be nice if the hotel would replace the grab bars with ones with a rough finish to add grip; otherwise, it would be nice if the hotel would roughen the shiny finish to add better grip. The current grab bars did not provide my wife with a strong sense of safety nor did they allow her to have independence in the bathroom. The grab bars were our primary frustration with our stay. We had 3 minor frustrations. Prior to our stay, I called the hotel in advance to verify if a coupon would allow us a more affordable stay versus the special rate that we booked the room with in advance; unfortunately, I did not feel like the clerk went out of her way to verify a better deal as she did not provide the individual prices with a coupon versus special rate but simply told us that our current rate was better - I felt like she guessed instead of taking the time to verify. I would have preferred if she would have spent the time over the phone with me to explain the price differences. Next, we reserved our room for 2 nights but at the last minute decided to stay 3 nights. The clerk was very friendly and quick with adding a 3rd night as we left for the day, but when we returned that night our room key cards did not work. If we needed to have our room key cards re-activitated for the 3rd night, it would have been nice if the clerk would have done this immediately that morning as that night I had to walk from our room all the way back to the front desk to have them activated again. These 2 frustrations were minor ones, but they could have been avoided by the clerks spending just a few extra minutes with us. Our 3rd minor frustration was with housekeeping near the time we needed to check out. Checkout is at 11:00, but housekeeping knocked on our door twice probably between 10:30-10:45. We checked out on schedule with no knocking needed, but the knocking definitely made us felt rushed to leave. Overall though, my wife and I greatly enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this hotel to other future guests. However, grab bars are such an important safety feature in bathrooms not only for people with special needs but also for elderly people who need them for assistance. If we stay at this hotel again, my wife and I will first discuss the grab bars in advance as I want to ensure that my wife is safe.

Room Tip: I grew up in the Black Hills, so I have definitely seen the transformation on the side of town where this hotel is located. Growing up, businesses on this side of town were primarily truck stops, gas stations, auto repair shops and salvage yards. Today, this side of town is booming with hotels, restaurants and stores. However, please know that this side of town definitely does not have a beautiful Black Hills element to it. Take away all the stores, hotels, restaurants, businesses and all that would be left is empty prairie a few miles from the beautiful Black Hills. If you want to stay in the Black Hills, stay in the Black Hills; otherwise, I hope you enjoy this hotel for its location near shopping and restaurants.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike O

We truly apologize for your experience, we have looked into your issue but unfortunately adding anything to increase grip to the stainless steel bars creates a completely different issue in regards to cleanliness. When the hotel was designed, the designers added additional bars to the accessible rooms to make it as convenient as possible. I'm not sure why the bars were any more difficult than any other bar as they are the standard stainless steel bars found in hotel guest rooms. I have made some inquiries as to how we can try to correct this, but as of yet I have not heard any solutions. In regards to the coupon, I'm slightly confused as to this point, as currently we do not have any active coupons on the market. At one point we had one in the AAA tourbook, but that was for 2012. I have spoken to the desk staff and asked them to be more specific, and make sure they dig deeper when confronted with questions. We do hope you will give us another opportunity, and we will see if we can come up with a work around for your wife.

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

We decided to give this hotel a try on our trip through South Dakota and were so glad we did. The front desk staff, the room, the bed, the pool, the happy hour and the Bison burger were first class. There isn't a complimentary breakfast. We'll be back next time.

Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for giving us a try, we are glad you did! The bison burger is my personal favorite, and we get our bison meat locally to make sure it is as fresh as we can get it. We look forward to your next visit.