1,119 results
All reviewsbreakfast buffetfront deskopen hoursomelet stationsitting areachoice hotelsfitness centervery nice hotelfire pitblack hillspool and hot tubbeer and wineworkout roomgreat place to stayking suitestayed one nightwould stay here again

I stayed at the Cambria Suites in Rapid City, SD 18-19 Aug 2013. It was
wonderful. The hotel is only fifteen months old and it looks brand new. My
room, #440, even smelled brand new. The facility is maintained to impeccably
high standards. The staff could not have been more congenial, enthusiastic and
helpful. Very soon after checking-in, I concluded that the personnel who own
and work at this facility take pride in their hotel.

During my stay, I encountered four staff members, Jerica, Joanna (front desk CSRs),
Rob and Lou (courtesy drivers/maintenance). All four were extremely helpful and
exuded the kind of sincere hospitality that made my stay feel like I was a guest
in someone's home. I look forward to my next stay in this very nice city and at
this outstanding hotel.

Regards,
Captain Mike Schachter, NetJets Inc.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family of 5 stayed in a suite room with 2 beds plus a pull-out sofa. The hotel is new and modern so everything was very nice and there is a nice pool with hot tub. Note that breakfast is not included (at least in the rate we had). I've gotten so accustomed to free breakfasts that I didn't check but they had a nice-looking buffet for $10 per person. The rates were high when we stayed but they were probably inflated due to the Sturgis motorcycle rally. If you appreciate modern, more upscale hotels, this is the place in Rapid City.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip and I was very impressed with the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was large and comfortable. It was nice to get a welcome treat in your room. The bed was comfortable. It is easy to find and close to other resteraunts and shopping. The only thing that needs to be improved in the place is the resteraunt. The food was good but there is not a lot of selections to choose from. I think if there were more selections it would be better.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our visit occurred during the week of Sturgis. Although the town was slammed with tourists from every state, service was excellent. We stayed with another couple in a Suite, arrived at 1:30 p.m. and did check our luggage at the front desk as check in is not until 3:00 p.m. We returned late in the evening and had an easy check in. The other couple slept on the pull out sofa bed which they did complain about being most uncomfortable. Yet, our king size bed slept wonderfully. Our room was extremely clean and ample towels were available. The Cambria Bar did serve excellent food and alcoholic beverages, and the Happy Hour was at a great time period. After riding daily on motorcycles, the large in door hot tub was a true treat. It was followed by a dip in the in door pool, and seating around the outdoor gas fire pit. Every amenity was very clean and as this was a new hotel, most appealing. This hotel is located near a major highway, great shopping and eateries. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that the pool area contains a space where one may utilize warm towels that were grand in size and accommodated my 6' 2 1/2" tall husband.. The breakfast buffet did contain extremely thin bacon, but ample warm food. All in all, this was a most wonderful experience for us and definitely a hotel we would stay in again.

Room Tip: If traveling with friends or children, obtain a room with two beds as the sleeper sofa is very uncomfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I--being neither all that young nor forgiving of so-so accommodations--booked the Cambria Suites in Rapid City on the basis of Trip Advisor's reviews. And after a stay of 3 nights we were not disappointed in the slightest. Cambria stands out from the usual run of motel facilities by the quality of its rooms, availability of a decent bar and restaurant on-site during stormy weather, and thoughtful service. i was particularly impressed by the ability of the front-desk staff to help us solve a tricky issue involving our room receipt: all done accomplished promptly and cheerfully.

Moreover, this was an anniversary vacation, and Cambria thoughtfully provided a box of chocolates and a cheery welcome message.

It must be said that the surroundings of the Cambria are, in a word, bleak, resembling a construction site, and we originally almost turned away after seeing it. But what's inside changed our mind. If we're back in Rapid City we won't hesitate to stay at Cambria Suites again.

Strong points:
comfortable, clean, well-thought-out rooms
happy hour at lobby bar + decent restaurant
breakfast providing cooked-to-order eggs
pool and jacuzzi
thoughtful service, beyond the norm

Weak points:
bleak surroundings
a bit distant from downtown

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple