“Very nice stay!”

Cambria Hotel & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here one night while shopping in Rapid CIty. Very nice new motel. Modern decor. The room was clean and very well appointed. The bathroom was actually quite large. I enjoyed the morning breakfast, you did have to pay for it. They had a buffet, down in the lounge area. I would highly recomment this hotel. It is somewhat spendy, but if you want upper scale, you pay more. Very clean also!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HideawaysSouthDakota
Sam C, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

My staff and I are happy to see that we made an impact on a guest that uses TripAdvisor so frequently. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us, and for mentioning the size of our restrooms (we think they are a great size for a hotel). I realize that we are bit higher in price than several of our neighbors, but we do shop the competition and do our utmost to make sure we are truly competive in price. We are never the highest priced hotel in our area, but we promise we are always the nicest! We would love to have you stay with us again during your next shopping trip to Rapid.

There are newer reviews for Cambria Hotel & Suites Rapid City

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed here several nights based on the TripAdviser reviews. This is a new suite hotel conveniently situated off I90 with easy access to all the Black Hill sites. The hotel is clean and modern. Fitness center adequate and the pool and hot tub perfect after a long day. The breakfast is good and it's nice to have a bar in the hotel even if it only has beer and wine. There's good wireless throughout the hotel and a biz center. Airport shuttle too. The rooms are quiet. We stayed in the back so no interstate noise. Beds were good, shower had pressure, USA Today delivered each morning. Definitely would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank imtedious

It is always nice to have a guest who uses TripAdvisor so frequently give us a review. Thank you for saying so many nice things about us, and including so many of our amenities for future guests to read. We most definately hope that you do stay with us again, and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I found myself staying in Rapid City S.D. at the tail end of a business trip recently. A friend from the area reserved me a room at the Cambria Suites Hotel. If I were going to find anything wrong with it (not easy), it would be the room size which is a little tight. However, everything else about the place more than made up for it: from the nice cocktail lounge just steps away from the check-in counter, to the personalized gift bag in my room, the whole experience was a very pleasant surprise.

The topper was the next morning when I was supposed to catch the 7:00am shuttle to the airport and the shuttle driver was running late. Lydia, a wonderful young lady who had just finished working all night at the front desk, volunteered to take me to the airport herself using her own car. An incomprehensible level of service by any standard. When I spoke to the manager by phone later in the day about this, he seemed pleased but not terribly surprised by my story, which tells me they are aiming very high there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dennis D

It was so nice of you to call, and tell me about your experience, and I truly appreciate you sharing it on TripAdvisor as well. Lydia was also thrilled to know that she made a difference, and an impact on you during your stay. We are always looking for ways to demonstrate to the guests how important they are, and this is an example of how we truly believe in the "extra mile". In the event you would like a little more space during your next stay, ask for a 1 bedroom suite or a tower room, as both of these offer more floor space.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a well designed clean hotel with GREAT front desk staff and amenities (pool, hot tub, laundry room, restaurant/bar, free coffee). This was our first Cambria Suites stay and we were impressed; we will stay again.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor with a king size bed and a sleep sofa for our daughter. It was quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lynn G

We think you are "Wonderful" too! Thank you for thinking about us, and writing a review. We hope you continue to stay at Cambrias, and we especially hope you come back to stay with us.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

From the minute we checked in, until the time we checked out, we were impressed with how the staff took care of us. We were addressed by our first name by the front desk, which we had never experienced in all of our travels. Our suite was great and designed professionally. This hotel was quite and had all the amenities anyone would need. The access to the facility was easy to get to and is beside Cabela's for the hunters and fishermen.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elkflats

Thank you for taking the time to say such nice things about your stay. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. It is our intention to make you feel like a guest rather than merely a customer, so we do our best to provide that feeling. You are always welcome in our establishment, and we hope you come back to stay again.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I got online and read the reviews on several hotels in Rapid City. Normally, we stay at a Marriott or Hilton owned hotel, but the reviews did not impress me. I decided to try this hotel since the reviews were excellent. I was a little worried since I had never tried this brand, but I was not disappointed. My family and I spent five nights at this hotel last week, and I would highly recommend it to others.

The location is great since it is right off the interstate and next door to Cabelas, which is always a plus. It is located at an exit with lots of places to eat, such as Longhorn Steakhouse, Famous Daves, and On the Border. Going just one exit down is the mall with other restaurants. The hotel has a shuttle that will take you wherever you need to go. One day it was so cold that I did not want to warm up the pickup, so we had him take us to Cabelas and pick us up. That was so convenient!

The hotel is very new and very clean. The rooms are suites, which is such a plus with kids. There is a tv in the living room and a tv in the bedroom area. The room has a mini refrigerator and a microwave. The bathroom had plenty of room, and the beds were really comfortable. I was able to get the room as cool as 65 degrees, which is great since I hate a hot hotel room. The heated indoor pool was so nice, and there is a workout room looking into the pool area. It had lots of towels, and was very clean. I even got in with the kids a couple of times because it felt so great!

Every morning we went downstairs for a wonderful breakfast. Joy served us every morning, and even cooked our breakfast. She was absolutely the best and was so great to my kids. She smiled, was so accommodating, and really seemed to enjoy her job. Employees like that are very hard to come by, and I hope that this hotel knows what they have! I cannot say enough nice things about her. We had a cook to order breakfast every morning, and I must say that it was excellent. It is not included in the price of the hotel, but the breakfasts run about $10 for adults and $5 for kids. I think that is reasonably priced, and it is well worth it! They do serve lunch and dinner in the hotel, but we did not take advantage of that. However, on our last night, the kids wanted to order room service, so we ordered a BLT and E (egg), shrimp cocktail, and of course ice cream. It was excellent! I never thought of putting an egg on a BLT, and it was probably the best one I have ever had.

I am impressed with the management of the hotel. Every time I needed anything, they were so accommodating. They have maps and gave us great directions to Mount Rushmore and other places to visit. I would highly recommend this hotel, and when we go back to Rapid City, this is where we will stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 434, which is on the opposite side of the interstate. We slept great!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank KarenD506

I am so glad you chose us based on what you read on TripAdvisor. We are firm believers in an unsolicitated system with honest guest feedback. It is our intention to always give our guests our very best, and to make sure that they feel that they are the most important part of our day. I'm also thrilled that you were able to sample such a variety of our amenities. I know that we offer the best lodging experience in Rapid City, and it is nice to hear that we were able to demonstrate our efforts effectively to our guests. Thank you for the feedback, and please come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here for recent business trip and was greated very warmly which is always nice after a long day.

Kylie at desk was exceptional. She found out my first name and greeted me with my name the rest of my stay. Entire staff was very accomodating and friend and will be back.

Rooms are very reasonable and rooms are very nice and comfortable.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a comfortable stay in Rapid City

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank simonprs4
Sam C, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Kiley is amazing! She definately has a knack for remembering names. I'm so pleased you had the opportunity to stay with us, and allow us to showcase our love for hospitality. Thank you for taking the time to review us, and I hope you return to stay with us again.