“A Rare Gem!”

Cambria Hotel & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed July 9, 2012

After flying into Rapid City late, we stayed at the Cambria Suites. WOW! From the very first sight, this property stands out. The wonderful folks at the front desk were trained in how to treat the guest and make them feel welcome. I feel in love with the stuffed buffalo head in the lobby! I think I took more pictures at the hotel then I did while in town for the weekend. About the room, I can not say enough wonderful things about the room. Very very pleasent. The bed was so inviting. We enjoyed the stay so much, we can back for another night at the end of our vacation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My fiance and I had the extreme pleasure of staying for two nights, one at the beginning of our trip and one at the end of our trip, in this fine hotel. What a truly wonderful experience! The hotel is brand new, and absolutely flawless. The outside is immaculate. We were concerned about staying so close to the interstate, but let me tell you that the minute we entered the lobby, any concerns faded. This hotel is amazing! The staff at the front desk, Kathy and Robert, were more than helpful. When there was a question that we had, and one did not know, the other one jumped right in to assist.

The hotel itself is gorgeous! Very clean. The convenience items available in the lobby are just exactly what a person might need, right down to the ice cream! Every area, the sittng area, the bar area, the pool area, the area outside the elevators, all of it is lovely! There really aren't enough positive words that I can use. The room was a bit less expensive than most of the rooms in the area, which again made me feel a bit of concern, but when I entered our suite, I was so impressed. The furnishings are beautiful, the bed with extra pillows was luxurious. The bathroom is huge and beautiful. Even the lotions and shampoos are from Bath and Bodyworks. Everything a person could ask for. I know it sounds like I am gushing, but truthfully, I have never enjoyed a stay more. If I have to say one negative thing about either stay, the loveseat in the rooms has not been broken in at all, and so they are quite supportive. Otherwise, everything about the room, from the microwave and refirgerator to the generous sized desk, luxurious bedding and amount of space, make this hotel a fabulous gem of a find! I would stay here again, and in any other property in the Cambria Suites chain, withough a moment of hesitation!

Room Tip: Even though the hotel is next to the interstate, there was absolutely no noise audible. We stayed t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Beautiful NEW facility with the most comfortable bed I've every slept on!! Nice sized room with small refrigerator and microwave oven. Both are very handy when traveling and you want to have cold drinks for the following travels and warm something up.

The only negative about the stay was that their breakfast "buffet" consisted of overcooked sausages and dry eggs, and something that looked like french toast... all for "only" $10.00. Needless to say, we didn't partake of the breakfast offering, but would stay at the facility again.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the interstate to cut down on the noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Did not stay here as the breakfasts were not complimentary. Stayed at the sister hotel across the highway. We stopped in to see the new hotel and asked the front desk if we could have a look around and they accommodated us. My kids were highly disappointed we weren't staying here. The pool is great (they said it was the biggest hotel pool around - it wasn't huge, but I believe them as our pool was tiny). The fitness room made me jealous! They had a spin bike and a recumbent bike, as well as treadmill, elliptical, bosu and other fitness and weight equipment. Since they have fridges and microwaves, I would definitely stay here next time and take a trip to Sam's club for breakfast muffins and other breakfast items that we could eat in our rooms. (although I would probably do the breakfast buffet once as a treat). Lobby lounge area and small bar were lovely and welcoming as well. Almost forgot, they have a firepit outside that they light in the evenings. Nice touch.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice, clean and new. But no complementary breakfast, which is really important for a family stay. This hotel seems to cater more to business travelers.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MNtraveler077
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Spent a week here on vacation in the Black Hills. Rooms were spacious and quiet and service was great. Awesome shower. The pool was large and open 24 hours, which is good because it was full of people most of the time. The pantry came in handy a few times and was reasonably priced and convenient. The breakfast buffet/omelet station was good, but not complimentary (at $150 a night ...). That was the only drawback. One could roll downtown for a not only good, but excellent breakfast for $10. We would recommend it regardless.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed at the newly built Cambria for three nights this week and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visting the area. At check-in we were greated enthusiastically, the room is a class act and amenities (from wireless to food to pool to fitness) can't be beat. Pool towels at the 24 hour facility were at a premium but promptly replenished, food was great, priced comparably and worth the convenience, (although staff appeared overworked keeping up with the morning rush). Overall a great stay while visiting Mt Rushmore, Reptile World, Bear Country...and more!

Room Tip: Our room faced Cabella's to the west and outside noise was not noticable...only the little kid j...