1,119 results
All reviewsbreakfast buffetfront deskopen hoursomelet stationsitting areachoice hotelsfitness centervery nice hotelfire pitblack hillspool and hot tubbeer and wineworkout roomgreat place to stayking suitestayed one nightwould stay here again
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were traveling with a family that was staying at another choice hotel and we decided to stay another night, that hotel was booked. So we decided to try the Cambria. We were told it was a brand new property.
While the rooms were new, there was construction dust still everywhere. Also the staff was not very knowledgeable and they lacked in customer service skills.
The food was like a ballpark and not worth the price......very spendy.

2  Thank nancieswai
Reviewed June 25, 2012

As a military family,we've slept in a lot of hotels and this is one of the best we've been to. Everyone, from Arlene in housekeeping to Sam Cannon the General Manager made our stay in this hotel outstanding. Their customer service is second to none and the big rooms, from the very plush beds to the Bath and Body Works accessories in the spacious bathrooms, were very comfortable.
Thanks to all for a wonderful experience!

2  Thank MilitaryMom05
Reviewed June 18, 2012

While on a road trip to North Dakota, needed a reasonably priced place to stay for the night. My wife had stayed at a Cambria in Denver and enjoyed it, so I thought I'd stop at this property. It was an absolutely wonderful hotel. New and very nicely designed. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable stay because it was so nice to be there. My room was very stylish and comfortable. The lobby and restaurant that's part of the hotel were very inviting and quality.

There were not any downsides to this place. Not even close. And Bethany at the front desk was welcoming and helpful with with some directions and recommendations.

You can't go wrong here, and I would recommend getting there early and planning to leave later in the morning so you can enjoy the place. You will want to stay there awhile and rest.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank glenncolrodosprings
Sam C, General Manager at Cambria Hotel Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property, and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay (Bethany was tickled that you mentioned her in your review). We definately hope other guests that read your review follow your advice, and spend as much time with us as possible. The guests are what truly make this job enjoyable.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We booked this hotel while on the way to Rapid City without a place to stay. The price was reasonable out of everything available and the Hampton Inn was booked so we booked a room and hoped the pictures and reviews were true - they were!

The rooms are big and comfortable and while it's called a 'suite' it has a very similar feel to Hyatt Place room layouts where there are 2 rooms but no door between them. There is Wolfgang Puck coffee and Bath & Body Works toiletries in the bathroom. 2 TVs meant I got a night off from basketball and there's a fridge and microwave in the room as well. There's a Target with the small grocery store section just a short drive away so instead of eating out we bought some frozen meals and heated them up in the room. The front desk has plastic utensils that you can ask for.

The building is new and modern and very clean. The man took advantage of the workout room which he said was great. I tried out the laundry room was which was small but clean and safe. They only have one washer and dryer which could be challenging but at the time I went there it was available. You can buy soap and fabric sheets in the little store in the lobby for a reasonable price along with medicines and ice cream and other snacks.

Hotel is very bike-friendly as there were lots of motorcycles parked out front under the awning so riders should definitely check this place out as they are touring the Badlands! The bar seemed to always have a lot of patrons in the evenings and there's a lot of seating in the other part of the lobby to get out of the room and relax. We were told about a breakfast buffet in the lobby but we never tried it out.

Ah, the staff - what can I say that hasn't been said? They are true service professionals who know what the word 'hospitality' means and they seem to really enjoy their jobs. I was always greeted when passing through the lobby and they were always buzzing around doing something. I can't think of one time when I saw any of them just standing around or talking or goofing off. They take pride in their workplace and it shows. And I've never seen a cleaner front desk! There's no food or drinks or random sheets of paper laying around - very professional!

The hotel celebrated their grand opening while we were there and there was a huge turnout. I know this hotel will do well - their only challendge will be to keep up the condition of the property with all the guests they're going to have and continue to offer the high level of customer service without their jobs becoming 'old hat'.

Guests - follow the signs for the Cabela's store and it's easy to find. We'll definitely seek this property out if ever we're back in Rapid City.

Room Tip: Even staying across from the ice machine (which was handy) and on the interstate side of the building we still heard very little noise!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our property. I'm glad you were able to experience our Grand Opening, while you were here. We promise we will maintain the condition of our beautiful property, and it will be just as nice the next time you come (and you predicted correctly, we have been full almost every night for the past 30 days).

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Let me preface this by saying: my husband and I stayed here with our children in the middle of a cross-country move. We embodied, at this stage, a tired, poor, huddled mass, yearning to breathe free. While scanning local hotels, I turned to my husband and declared that, while I understood we weren't in a position to blow a ton of money on a hotel room, I couldn't bear to stay in another claustrophobic, smelly, outdated motel. He shrugged. "See what you can find."

Well ... we found this place. The price was right, it looked modern and luxurious, it had a pool (and a GROWNUP pool ... none of this waterslide nonsense) and it had laundry facilities. We dropped by to see if they had space and signed right up.

The place did not disappoint: the room in which we stayed had WIRED internet access (no thank you to unsecured hotel wifi; I know the risks), two beds and a pullout, two tvs (no arguing with the kids!), a fridge, a microwave, a GORGEOUS bathroom ... I'm sure there's more that I'm missing, but overall it was such a relief to walk in and know that I'd have a night off from slumming it without having to pay four times the price.

I used the laundry room and it was delightful. New and reasonably-priced machines behind a secured door and right next to the pool. We bought snacks and microwave food from the pantry, and found the pricing to be completely reasonable. The kids loved the pool, even without a water slide; my husband loved that he didn't have to contend with a circus-like atmosphere in the pool.

Finally, the staff -- they were funny, sweet, professional and helpful. I couldn't have asked for a better vacation from the ordinary during our move. We've arrived and settled into our new home on the West coast, and the kids occasionally ask if we can go back to "the Cambria" for a vacation. It felt more like home than home, I guess. Thank you, Cambria staff!

Room Tip: It didn't bother us, because we did most of the slamming, but we believe the slamming of the stairwell door would bother others staying near the stairwell.
2  Thank gypsychk

We would like to thank you for your glowing review. It is always nice to hear when we provided our guests with the exact feelings and memories we set out to provide. We recognize that we are not truly designed for children, but we were still able to please yours. It was so nice to read that we made you feel at home, as home is where the heart is, and we want our guest's hearts to be at Cambria Suites. Thank you,