Hampton Inn Rapid City
$49
$44
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$39
$50
$34
$34
Quality Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$63
$46
QualityInn
$51
  • Restaurant
Sleep Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$39
$38
$74
Cambria Hotel & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$68
$57
Agoda.com
All reviewsfront deskkids loved the poolroom was cleanrushmore and crazy horsethe breakfast areastaff was friendlyblack hillsdevils towersturgis rallywould stay here againexcellent staycomplimentary breakfastcuster state parkroad tripup to datea great place to stayfamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Very average hotel. We were there the night of Sept 22. Although right next to the hwy US 90, it is tucked around the back and somewhat difficult to get to.
The hotel is clean and the rooms are good, it is just missing on some of the details that would make it stand out. I wanted to have a glass of wine in my room but there were only paper cups available. Went to the kitchen and the breakfast room, only paper cups. Wine in a paper cup does not sound appealing. The front desk attendant finally found a glass in the basement, saved the day.
Breakfast is average, nothing special but the scrambled eggs were overcooked to dry and the "robust" coffee was weak at best. Go figure.
The toilet in the bathroom had a toilet seat that was not well tied down, a great adventure.
The excercise room was also adequate but the stationary recumbent bike (the only piece that I used) is of poor quality and design.
The pool is excellent and has a great waterslide that would be a hit with any user. My 58 yr old wife thought it was great.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Randi S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for being our guest and sharing your feedback. Reviews such as yours helps bring items to our attention that need to be addressed. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here one night while going to Mt Rushmore. Well located, clean property and friendly staff. We would stay here again if we were passing through. We didn't notice noise, but it is near an interstate so be oriented when checking where your room is.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your stay at the Hampton Inn. We are pleased that we were able to serve you and meet your expectations. We also appreciate your positive feedback. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is a typical Hampton Inn hotel - efficient, comfortable, quiet. It is a very good bargain, offering 4-star amenities at a 3-star price. The hotel is in an area where there are numerous restaurants and the interstate is just a few minutes away. The time to the airport is about 20 minutes.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn and taking the time to write a review. We appreciate both and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Clean well lit lobby and breakfast area. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Easy on/off of interstate highway and easy access to tourist attractions. Shopping and restaurants nearby. A great place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay, we are all pleased that we were able to meet your expectations and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights to visit the area. Normally I stay in Keystone, but I found myself visiting Badlands NP on this trip and thought it would be better to stay in Rapid City. My room was fine, comfortable bed, clean, and quiet. The breakfast was your average/typical Hampton Inn breakfast.
This property has several restaurants, both fast food and sit down, within easy driving distance. Easy on/off for I90.
My only complaint with this property is the staff. Staying here for 2 nights I encountered several staff members. The staff are not friendly, nor are they helpful. When I checked in I had asked for my bottle of water and snack (I'm a HHonors Gold Member). The guy smarted off to me and said "prove it". Um, it's in my profile. I was too tired to argue with him because I had driven in from Denver and wanted to just get to my room. I did not get my snack or water.
Another thing that happened was the cleaning of my room, or lack of. I was left a note saying they didn't have time to clean my room for the 2nd night, but if I needed anything such as towels to contact the front desk. I've never encountered anything like that before.
I would stay here again because of the convenience. Perhaps by the time I return to the area there will be different staff members, maybe even some that enjoy their job.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay with us in July. . Thank you for bringing the "staffing" issues to my attention as well. Your experience with our front desk staff, I can assure you is very uncommon. The front desk staff at the Hampton Inn are wonderful people on a daily basis however I am happy to bring this to thier attention. We apologize that your stay was affected by this employee you encountered upon check in. Again, thank you for your stay, we hope you had a nice summer