“Great Food”

Dakota Thyme Deli and Bakery
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating
Description: Dakota Thyme is a bakery and deli that celebrates local foods. Enjoy artisan breads, pastries, desserts, cheeses, meats, a wide selection of craft beers and small production wines in casual elegance. Patio dining available. Located in the Shops at Main Street Square in downtown Rapid City across the pedestrian alley from the parking garage
custer, sd
“Great Food”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The early morning pastries and crossants are definitely worth the trip.... lunches are good, especially the strawberry salad and bison soup; desserts look really great although we were too full to indulge. We eat there at least once every couple of weeks.

Vermillion, United States
“Excellent Gourmet Food!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Dakota Thyme has an excellent menu boasting fresh entrees for the health conscious diner. The pastry selection is magnificent. Plan to have a treat with coffee and then purchase one for the road! We ate three meals there during our 3 days in Rapid City so that is evidence of how much we liked it! Free WiiFii on site.

Bozeman, Montana
“Great food in Rapid City”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Ate lunch here on a business trip. Parking was a little difficult and the seating situation in the restaurant is a little odd, but those are my only complaints. Atmosphere is great, and the food is fantastic! If you have the chance, go.

Madison WI
“Good food; shame about the slow kitchen.”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stopped in shortly before dinner hour, so take that into consideration for what follows. Our (apparently just-hired) server was slow to arrive, but pleasant when he did show up at last. Tea came quickly, but after that we put in our order and waited... and waited... and waited... and waited some more... and kept waiting... and went on waiting... and it was very lucky we didn't need to be anywhere. I believe this was the kitchen's fault rather than our server's.

The brie-pear-arugula flatbread pizza was lovely, and my husband enjoyed his carrot-ginger soup and tiramisu. Just don't come here if you're in a hurry!

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This place has the worst customer service I have ever experienced.I will never return to this business again; never have I been treated with such disrespect. This place burnt a meal of mine and I was unable to eat do to other time commitments, so i had to leave. The owner said to come back and they would make it right. They were closed the next week but I came back the first day they reopened. They were now doing full service. Things were not going well. Food was taking forever to arrive. We were not being waited on. They were out of a lot of items. The hostess was becoming more and more frustrated. We canceled our order right away and asked for a check for the coffee and danish. The ticket was about the price of the omelet they burnt two weeks prior and still owed me. I talked with the hostess about settling the billl. At this point she starts to yell at me. Telling me "how dare you try and pull this on our first day reopening. We don't owe you nothing." Again, I have never been treated with such disrespect from any place of business. Especially one I used to give my business to once or twice a week.