Days Inn West Rapid City
$129
$114
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$169
GrandStay
Quality Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$110
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$176
$119
$100
Cambria Hotel & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$169
$144
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$196
$182
HolidayInn.com
Sleep Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$95
$93
$159
$143
Hotwire.com
All reviewsjackson blvdroom was cleandinosaur parkhotel location isbad landsfront desk attendantyogurtoutdoor poolan older hotelwould stay againstock showblack hillssturgis rallythe staff was friendly and helpfulbreakfast areaclose to downtowngreat place to stay
Reviewed June 21, 2009

This was our first family trip to the Black Hills, and we decided to stay at a hotel in Rapid City. Found this one online and booked it based on the rate and reviews on tripadvisor. We found it to be a pretty decent place to stay for the five nights we were in the area.

The staff was friendly and accommodating - we wanted to book an additional night upon check-in, and the front-desk clerk was able to take care of it no problem.

The room was clean, and relatively spacious. The four of us (parents and two kids - 9 and 6) didn't feel cramped. It would have been nice to have the sink/vanity outside the bathroom, but we managed. Only complaint about the room is that the toilet didn't flush properly - the handle had to be held down for a few seconds. The beds were firm, but since I like that, I had no problem with it.

The hotel was relatively quiet - more so than I expected. Some noise from nearby roadways, but not bad compared to places I've stayed next to major highways. Also there was a little noise from kids running up and down the halls, but again, not as much as I've experienced in some other hotels.

The location is relatively convenient to get to the rest of Rapid City and Mt. Rushmore areas, and is close to shopping and some restaurants (mostly fast food). Burger King is across the parking lot, and they're building a Sonic Drive-In two-doors down. Also, there is a grocery store directly adjacent to the hotel, which is nice if you're staying for a few days.

The outdoor pool was in nice shape, and staff in that location was also very friendly and accommodating. One of the patio chairs at the table we were going to sit at was broken, and a staff member immediately came over, replaced the chair and apologized.

Overall, we had a very nice stay. We didn't spend much time in the room since we were out and about quite a bit, but during the time we did spend there, we were quite comfortable. It's nothing fancy, but it was a nice place to stay for a few days while we explored the area.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2009

First I called ahead to find out if the rooms had microwaves, to which I received a reply of, "Maybe". I had to inquire further to get a, "some rooms have 'em some don't." -Great customer service

When I finally made my way to my room I was treated with a hall full of trash. Upon opening the door I found a floor with old gum mashed into the carpet and crumbs, among other things all over the carpet.

Maybe I should have titled this review 'stay here if you like wearing shoes in your room and don't expect anything from the staff'.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2008

We weren't sure we would make it all the way to Rapid City so didn't make an advance reservation anywhere. We had a reservation the next night so went to that hotel but they couldn't fit us in. We drove up and down LaCrosse checking at 4-5 hotels and all were booked. When I went to the Days Inn, the desk staff, tho harried and busy with other guests, told me they may have a cancellation in 15-20 min. I gave them my cell # and drove off to find another. In 10 min they called to say the cancellation had come thru and if I got back in 5 min, the room was mine. I was back in 5 min and grateful to get the room. It was small and average, but the bathroom was recently remodeled and very clean. Within 10 min, the desk called to inquire if all was satisfactory- a nice touch. The hotel was full but the room was quiet; we left the window open all night for fresh air. The b'fast was avg but plentiful. For an inexpensive hotel that you just sleep in and move on, I'd recommend it. It is near lots of restaurants and the freeway. Friendly/helpful desk staff.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 17, 2007

This was our fourth stay here and, we are saddened to report, our first bad experience. We have appreciated this clean, albeit no-frills, inexpensive motel, ideally located for our purposes. This time, however, we were inundated with cigarette smoke. We booked two rooms through Travelocity and STRONGLY recommend double-checking reservations as ours erroneously were made for smoking rooms. As a result, we had to switch rooms after the first of a three-night stay, therefore experiencing four rooms in this motel. Because the motel was fully booked, one of the rooms was a smoking room and I will say nothing about that -- we knew what we were getting. Two of the three non-smoking rooms, however, were little better than the smoking room, all smelling to a greater or lesser extent of cigarettes. The wing closer to Safeway is a non-smoking wing; the smoking wing, bizarrely, has so-called "non-smoking" rooms in it. Because the seals around the doors are shoddy and the fans seem to be connected, we got more than the occasional whiff of smoke and the upper hallway reeked.

We spotted several of the employees ducking outside for cigarette breaks and so wished the hotel had an outdoor smoking policy for guests as well as employees.

Aside from this, the rooms were, as usual, clean and comfortable.

Notes:
The bathroom fans are quite loud and come on with the light. The rooms facing the front parking lot and Burger King get a lot of light pollution after dark. The curtains block it out, but they also block out the fresh air.
You get more bang for your buck if you get a room with two beds. The single-bed rooms are considerably smaller.
Some rooms have coffee makers and/or fridges; some don't.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank goodegg2004
Reviewed September 24, 2006

We appreciated this value-priced, yet comfortable place to call home while we explored the Black Hills region. Complete with a cozy lounge and free continental breakfast, we very much enjoyed our stay here. Jason, the bartender, was great! I used the fitness room twice; it was outfitted with a stairmaster, a bike, a treadmill, and cable tv - very nice! If you're here to explore the Black Hills, save your money and stay here.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple