“rapid city vacations.”

Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed June 13, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Darci S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn West Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Very noisy - can hear very well the people walking in the hallway, especially if there's a kid running down the hall.
But the worst is, housekeepers start knocking at every door at 9am to clean the rooms. I could hear them knock at all the doors down the hall, until they reached mine. I couldn't believe they were actually doing that at 9am... Upon checking out, I figured I would let them know at front desk that I didn't really enjoy that, since check out is at 11am and I don't see why they would come to wake me up at 9am to clean the room while I'm still in there and leaving in a couple hours. All they had to say was that housekeepers didn't know who was gone already or not! Well, maybe they should tell them, as they do in any other hotel I've been to, no?! It's not very hard for front desk to tell housekeepers who's still here and who's gone, so that housekeepers can start cleaning rooms of those who are gone and not bother everyone else who is still there and trying to sleep..... The only other place I've ever seen that happen was a few days before in another Days Inn, so maybe that's just how that chain works. I'll keep that in mind when choosing the future places to stay.. In any case, the staff at front desk made me feel bad for expressing my concerns about this, as they seemed to think I was complaining about the housekeeping staff personally, which I was not. I actually feel very bad for them as they have to bother all the guests one after the other in the morning. I'm sure they get a lot of somewhat annoyed faces as they do...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Darci S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn West Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Heim,

Thank you for the review from your stay. I'm sorry for your discomfort of housekeeping hours. I did do some checking around with other hotel chains in the area and found we all have the same practices. Unfortunately, we are not able to wait till every guest checks out to start cleaning rooms due to the time restriction between check out and check in times. I will meet with the appropriate people to see if there is any other method we could use. Our goal is to have every guest as comfortable as possible when they stay with us. Again, I thank you for the time you invested in our review.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Found the motel acceptable, no microwave, which would have been nice. The staff was all very cordial and helpful. It was a very nice motel with a fine bed. i would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Darci S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn West Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Brad-Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Rapid City, SD. We appreciate the time you took from your schedule to review our property. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry you didn't have a microwave in your room, if you should stay with us in the future, please request one at the Front Desk and they will get one to your room. We use all the information gathered from reviews to grow in a positive direction as customer service representatives and as a company. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future with any travel plans. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed here because it was convenient. We will now opt for a better room even if its a little farther away from our friends and family. The bed was horrible & there were four pillows that none were good to choose from. There was also hair in the shower. After no sleep, we went to get coffee in the lobby. I asked the clerk if the pot behind the decaf was regular because the other 2 were empty, she said " it should be, but if not, you can make more". Excuse me! I am the paying customer and you are supposed to make the coffee!!! She was so busy on her personal phone she couldnt even make coffee. Will never stay here again!

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Darci S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn West Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Debbie, Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Please let me begin by giving my sincere apologies. I will definitely pass your concerns to our housekeeping department and address our lack of responsibility with our front desk staff. Please feel free to call and visit with more about your issues. I fully believe in the best customer service in the business, wanting every guest to leave us with a positive experience. Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Darci S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn West Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The hotel website states "Start your day off right and join us for free Daybreak continental breakfast each morning..." Prior to checking in we asked if there was breakfast in the morning and she said yes we have a great continental breakfast with hot food included. At 8 am we show up for breakfast and there is not even a slice of bread. two old english muffins and two old wrinkled apples. There was cold cereal and milk. After seeing the dated fruit we were not going to attempt the milk. When asked where the breakfast was the manager stated that during this time of year they do not have a full continental breakfast and do not have bread or waffles. When we asked her why we were told the night before that there would be a full continental breakfast with waffles her lame excuse was that she would have to talked to her staff about it. Not even an apology.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Darci S, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn West Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Lisa, thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate all the information we receive from our guests. I'm sorry you didn't find our continental breakfast to your liking. We do offer oranges and apples everyday and making sure that they are not bruised in anyway. We also offer danishes, fruit muffins, english muffins and bagels w/cream cheese. Bisquits and gravy are also offered everyday from 6-10am. During the week Monday-Friday, we do not offer waffles in the winter time, however, feature them every weekend. Our milk is chilled in a pitcher with a large ice tube and the tube is changed at 8am each morning to keep it as chilled as it would be in a refrigerator. Again, I am sorry about your disappointment with our Daybreak Breakfast. I did visit with all front desk staff about the miscommunication and thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Reviewed March 20, 2013