Review Highlights
Downtown is Hip!

Reviewed 2 days ago
Katie L
City of Presidents

Very Nice Clean City. On each street corner is a detailed bronze of all the presidents. Fun to... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago

from $195.00
from $179.00
from $189.00
1,955 results
All reviews every corner presidential statues lots of shops great town main street unique shops thursday night past presidents small city summer nights splash pad presidents on the street corners firehouse brewery art alley life size statues alex johnson hotel nice walk
Reviewed 2 days ago

Loved visiting the downtown area with my husband for a date night. My mother-in-law never takes us to this area and I'm so glad I made the push to make it happen. Lively, art work on the sidewalks and corners. Unique art in the alleys.

Reviewed 4 days ago

Very Nice Clean City. On each street corner is a detailed bronze of all the presidents. Fun to walk around

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My family and I always enjoy visiting Rapid City. This is one of those places we can see ourselves living in the future. Downtown is filled with decent restaurants and cool local businesses and ecclectic shops. We love walking around downtown.

The only thing that can be a little uncomfortable is you may have native men approach you asking for money or a meal. This is the kind of thing you would expect in some bigger cities, but in a smaller city like Rapid, it may be surprising. The three men who approached us during our time walking downtown were very polite and respectful, and we didn't feel threatened. If anything, it was a wake up call to me and my family that there is still a native population in this country that isn't able or willing to play on an even field as many of us, and maybe we and our government need to do a little more to even this field.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We stopped in downtown and were pleasantly surprised. We loved the idea of all the presidents on the street corners. If we had had children with us I could see making it into a game to find all the presidents and find out something about them. There is a lot to see, not just the statues, and I enjoyed the time spend in town

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We ( family and friend) were into Rapid city, as the meeting place before we started on the PARKS AND CANYON TOUR (AP- of GLOBUS), with the weather turning to rain and cold, we discovered a great restaurant ( Kathmandu Bistro---reviewed earlier), and having had to miss viewing Mount Rushmore Monument an early return to our hotel [Mount Rushmore hotel ],gave me the opportunity to check out the most patriotic city's tribute to the nation's Presidents-- of the 45 presidents ,43 have sculpted statues erected at the junctions the main thoroughfares of the downtown area,(Presidents 1 through 43 are in place , and the 44th is to be added soon--the 45th is the incumbent), because our stay was so short and the weather not so co-operative I could manage to closely see and capture 36 of the Presidents (pics of the favourites),also other statues . There is a massive ACE Hardware store for DIY persons.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Walk back into 50 - 100 years in the past with a history rich downtown Rapid City, SD set up. Prominent figures (statues) are on each corner, from famous native americans to presidents are mixed in with lots of shops, restraunts, graffiti alley and lots of specialty shops in between. It can make for a nice morning or afternoon walk if you are looking for something to do and not necessarily spend a lot of money. Great photo opportunities on every corner, especially if you are a history buff.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

During the first part of our visit, weather prevented us from visiting some of the better known outdoor sites. What a jewel downtown Rapid City turned out to be! Compact, with most of the places to visit within just a few square blocks. Interesting museums and other spots. A large number of good restaurants as well. Nearly every street corner has a photogenic statue to enjoy. Anyone visiting the area should seriously consider time downtown. It is well worth it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Each street corner downtown had a life-sized statue of a former U.S. President and there were good restaurants and pubs. A very fun place to walk around. The locals were very friendly and ready with advise.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fun place to wander around and take in the sights and sounds of Rapid City. We love all of the statues around town. We stumbled upon some live music and that was fun!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We especially loved Art Alley, a block of store behinds painted with graffiti. Wonderful, creative place. The stores are great too. Lots of Native American art.