We stayed at the hotel for 1 night whilst visiting Mt Rushmore and booked with the hotel direct. The hotel was in an excellent location, just off the freeway into Rapid City and was a 30 minute drive away from Mt Rushmore.
Our room was on the 4th floor and was at the back of the hotel and was very quiet. The room was a fair size and was clean. Our room had two queen beds. The room also had a fridge with a small freezer compartment and a microwave and a safe. The bathroom had a toilet,bath with shower. The sink was seperate in the main room. Free wifi was also included.
The managers reception was excellent with complimentary wine/beer, soft drinks and popcorn from 6pm until 7.30 pm. Breakfast was also included in the room rate. There was a good selection available including waffles, cereals, pastries etc. The staff at the hotel were very helpful.
We would recommend this hotel if you are looking for somewhere reasonable to stay near Mt Rushmore. The hotel far exceeded our expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Howard Johnson in Rapid City, South Dakota, constructed in 2002, is family-owned and features 97 oversized guest rooms including 32 suites and nearly 2,000 square feet of meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Howard Johnson Rapid City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Hotel Rapid City
- Howard Johnson Inn And Suites
- Howard Johnson Express Rapid City
- Howard Johnson Rapid City Sd
- Rapid City Howard Johnson