Ramada Summerset Rapid City West
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
A Family Inn(Rapid City)
View Hotel
All reviewspizza hutgrocery store across the streetsmall casinohot tubbeds were comfortabledoughnutsenglish muffinsblack hillsgas stationvery nice place to stayspent nightshard boiled eggsbiscuits and gravyhot breakfastthe breakfast areawould stay againconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Clean rooms, good breakfast, perfect location for our purpose (close to I-90). There was nobody using the pool except our family, so our boys had a blast! My husband had well deserved glass of local wine at the bar and I relaxed a little in a hot tub. Pleased with the overall experience.

• Stayed: August 2014
Dawn K, General Manager at Ramada Summerset Rapid City West, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

"Pleased with the overall experience" is music to our ears:) The staff at the Ramada Summerset/Rapid City West is so thankful for your kind comments. We work very hard to bring to guests a positive experience. We take great pride in the condition of the hotel and the outstanding customer service we offer. Thank you again for the great review!!!!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The check in clerk was acting bizarre when we arrived and she didn't have us sign anything. She had our reservation and said all was well. It wasn't, we ended up being overcharged. It's a really bad thing when the rate you were quoted and made a reservation on isn't what you end up paying. I felt the hotel was dishonest by hiding the real rate, we should've had to initial a paper showing it. Traveler beware of this place!

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are sorry you felt negative about your stay. I immediately approached the front desk agents regarding your claim of not signing any documents. It is definitely against policy for us to neglect to have all guests sign the registration cards. Because your full name was not included on this review, we went through all registration cards for the week prior to the date listed on this review. We did not locate any registration cards that were not signed. In the email that I sent to you early August, I asked for you to call or email to verify that we were actually the hotel in which you stayed as we often receive reviews for the Ramada at Exit 59 in Rapid City. I have yet to hear from you. I would be glad to email you a copy of a signed registration card if we are the hotel in which you stayed , but I have to have your full name. Thank you.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Check in was great. The room smelled like stale smoke which was interesting as it was a non-smoking room and you have to "initial" that you will not smoke in the room. Security was bad as the automatic lock door was propped open with a rock. We notified the front desk. We realized the next two mornings that it was housekeeping that would prop the door open so they could take their smoke breaks. We stayed two nights. I found foundation and mascara on one of the pillows when I went to bed. We also noticed that the shower curtain looked to have urine on it. Possibly another source of odor. The day we were gone room service never cleaned our room. We had to request clean pillow cases and towels.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing our property. It is important to make clear that safety is not an issue at our property. The door you are referring to was indeed propped open during the day. I personally instructed housekeeping to do so. We also refuse to take smoking privileges away from staff as we feel it is a personal choice. They are instructed to smoke in designated smoking areas with the exception of the front area. The majority of hotels unlock the side doors for ease of entrance and exit for guests loading and unloading their cars. That particular door was not allowing us to put it in the unlocked position. Like many properties, the side doors are locked at 10 or 11 pm --as is ours. As far as the smoke smell in the room, we usually rely on guest feedback at time of stay to remedy the situation as needed. The hotel owns a very high quality deodorizing machine which works quickly. No mention was made to us during your stay. I also checked the status of your room being cleaned. I did find that you had a "Do Not Disturb" notification on your door and housekeeping is not permitted to enter such a room. I am sorry that your stay was unsatisfactory.