“BEWARE BEWARE TERRIBLE”

Ramada Summerset Rapid City West
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Four of us stayed for bike week. We were charged $283.00 a night when we checked in the card on the back of the door stated $200/night. I contacted the Manager (Cort) who was rude and uninterested in helping. I contacted Robin (605) 229-8071 at Corporate who passed the buck back to Cort, (Manager) (605) 787-4844. I spent more time on the phone trying to get my money back that I did work that day. NOBODY would help yet rather kept passing the buck. When I finally called Court (Manager) on the property, he told me my credit card was credited, IT WAS NOT, it was another party in another room. I've since tried numerous times to contact him, left message NO CALLS RETURNED! The woman that answers the phone says he's not in (doesn't matter if I call in the morning, afternoon or evening) he's never available! I wish I had a job I got paid for and did NOTHING!! NEVER again will I or anyone I come in contact with stay at a Windham Hotel IT'S NOT WORTH IT!! The staff at the hotel is wonderful and kind, it's the management and upper management that's not worth anything. Unfortunately, Management and Corporate has left me with no other alternative to get my money back but to take Legal action to get my money back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
ZEB E, Manager at Ramada Summerset Rapid City West, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Michael, our pricing during the Sturgis Rally is comparable to similiar properties in the area and we feel we provide good value given our central location and extensive facilities. We regret that this was not your impression and offer our apologies. Since the time your review was published I hope you feel we have resolved this issue to your benefit.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Summerset Rapid City West

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We loved that place! the rooms very spacious and clean, breakfast offered lots of options, pool and hot tub opened long hours, staff is friendly and very helpful.
Their cosmetic line is awesome!!! i think it was San-Francisco Soap Company, that smelled so good! they had shampoo, conditioner, lotion, facial and regular soap and shower cap.
the distance from city is ok. we traveled all the way to Keystone and had no problem with traffic or time.
overall - we'd stay there again.

Room Tip: if you travel in large company, choose adjacent rooms - they have a door in between them for easier...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Andrey, I am elated to hear you loved our hotel! We do get a lot of compliments on our in room amenities and bathroom products which include everything you listed. Our guests seem to really enjoy the adjustable showerheads as well. As you know we offer the best overall lodging experience in the Black Hills for a great vacation. Thanks for your review and we would love to have you back.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

While not directly in Rapid City it is located for easy access to many of the tourist areas. Outside of Rapid City in a quiet area. Nice atmosphere and pleasant staff. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone heading to Rapid City.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

David, thanks for taking time out of your day to let everyone know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. If you want to get away from all of the hustle and bustle the Rapid City limits have to offer we are your best choice. But always keep in mind that we are central to so many of the attractions that the Black Hills have to offer since we are halfway between beautiful Spearfish Canyon and the Shrine of Democracy, Mount Rushmore. I am overjoyed that you would highly recommend our hotel to anyone visiting our area and would love to see you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed at this motel for four nights in June 2011 with one daughter, son-in-law and their three children. We liked this motel (and the Rapid City area) so much we returned in July 2012 with a different daughter and her four children. So that's eight nights. This is a pleasant motel, somewhat out in the hills away from the Rapid City metro area but across the street from a gas station & grocery store. Every night we'd swim in the good-sized heated pool & hot tub. Breakfasts were solid and rotate biscuits & gravy, then sausage & eggs. The staff was always pleasant & helpful. We considered this good value for the money and would not consider any other motel should we return to Rapid City.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for taking time out of your day to let everyone know why you have chosen to return to our Ramada for the past two years! We pride ourselves on being a family friendly hotel with a fun pool to enjoy and a nice hot tub to relax in after being on the road for hours. As you know we offer a location with easy on and off access to Interstate 90, without all of the noise and traffic that accompanies the exits along the interstate in Rapid City. We are located only 7 miles west of the first Rapid City exit and are central to all of the wonderful attractions the Black Hills have to offer. I am proud that you would not consider any other hotel but ours for your lodging needs when visiting our area. Once again thanks for your review!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel was absolutely wonderful to stay at. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The rooms were very clean, and the beds comfortable. The price was much cheaper than the hotels in Rapid City. They offer free wi-fi, which I never had a problem with, and a free breakfast every morning of either eggs and sausage or biscuits and gravy. Every morning they also offered donuts, muffins, juices, waffles and fresh fruit. Only downside is it is a bit further away from the attractions, but with the distance came more peace and quiet.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for your wonderful review Elizabeth! As you discovered we are located at a much more peaceful exit then what is offered along the busy Rapid City interstate exits. Across the road from us is a full-service (small town) grocery store, a Pizza Hut and a bank. Within a two mile radius are three restaurants. We offer most of the conveniences of the big town, but without all of the crazy traffic and noise. And as you know, we can offer a better value then many of the hotels in Rapid City all the while maintaining all of the qualities of a respectable hotel. We are located half way between Deadwood, SD and Mount Rushmore which means we are smack dab in the middle of all of the major attractions the Black Hills has to offer. Thanks again for taking time out of your day to let us and everyone else know how well we did during your stay in the beautiful Black Hills.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed here on our way to Wyoming and Yellowstone. Desk clerk was very nice and helpful. Offered eating suggestions a few exits down. Hotel lobby and pool were very clean. Our room was very clean and the bed and pillows were clean and soft.Sturgis crowd were loud for just a short while at night but not really this hotels fault. Will look for this hotel again for future trips to Wyoming and the Black Hills.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and for making us one of your stopping points on your way out west. I'm delighted that your stay with us was so enjoyable. Our staff is always eager to help with tips on good restaurants in the area. We have created a "Ramada's Guide to Dining in the Black Hills" paper that is free of charge and includes the best dining options our area has to offer. I encourage everyone who stays with us to take one from our information bureau. I am happy to hear you would stay with us again and I look forward to your return visit to our Ramada and the Black Hills.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We looked online for a hotel near the interstate in this area and made a reservation here. We then cancelled our reservation at another hotel where we stayed on the way west. We had found found that hotel overpriced, breakfast was awful and the staff was uninterested. After a 14 hour drive we just wanted a comfortable bed. Amenities were not important. We were happy to find not only a cheerful staff and clean, quiet room, but a nice breakfast as well. There is also a full service bar and casino if you are so inclined. We were fully satisfied by the attentiveness of the staff, especially during breakfast, the room, and the ease of getting on and off the interstate. We will definitely stay there when we visit "out west" again. Like one of the other reviewers, we prefer that the sink be in the bathroom, but for the price, the value outweighs this one, tiny complaint.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for finding time to write about your enjoyable stay with us. After 14 hours of driving I can imagine your expectations would be to simply have a nice comfortable bed, but as you discovered we offer so much more for our guests. One of our best assets is our easy on and off access from Interstate 90 and I'm glad that made your stay with us more convenient. I feel ultimately it is our staff that makes the difference between a good stay and a great stay and I'm proud that we delivered you a great stay at a reasonable price. We would love to have you back "out west" in the future and once again thanks for your review.