All reviews pizza hut hot tub eggs and sausage beds were comfortable indoor pool doughnuts gas station black hills spent nights place to stay english muffin the breakfast area hot breakfast a great stay mount rushmore sturgis attractions
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We looked online for a hotel near the interstate in this area and made a reservation here. We then cancelled our reservation at another hotel where we stayed on the way west. We had found found that hotel overpriced, breakfast was awful and the staff was uninterested. After a 14 hour drive we just wanted a comfortable bed. Amenities were not important. We were happy to find not only a cheerful staff and clean, quiet room, but a nice breakfast as well. There is also a full service bar and casino if you are so inclined. We were fully satisfied by the attentiveness of the staff, especially during breakfast, the room, and the ease of getting on and off the interstate. We will definitely stay there when we visit "out west" again. Like one of the other reviewers, we prefer that the sink be in the bathroom, but for the price, the value outweighs this one, tiny complaint.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
ZEB E, Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Summerset Rapid City West, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for finding time to write about your enjoyable stay with us. After 14 hours of driving I can imagine your expectations would be to simply have a nice comfortable bed, but as you discovered we offer so much more for our guests. One of our best assets is our easy on and off access from Interstate 90 and I'm glad that made your stay with us more convenient. I feel ultimately it is our staff that makes the difference between a good stay and a great stay and I'm proud that we delivered you a great stay at a reasonable price. We would love to have you back "out west" in the future and once again thanks for your review.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We chose this Ramada after our stay at the Country Inn Suites proved to be a complete disaster. We paid less at this hotel than CIS and were MUCH happier with our stay!
To start off, the front desk staff was very helpful and pleasant.
The room was spacious although neither of really cared for the sink being in the bedroom area rather than the bathroom but that is simply personal preference.
The beds were comfortable and full of pillows - a feature I'm always happy to find!
The bathroom was very clean and stocked with plenty of towels. We thought the room was pretty clean but after spilling a water bottle and soaking it up with a towel, we realized the carpet desperately needed a good cleaning!
Housekeeping did a great job.
The continental breakfast was standard - I couldn't give it a lot of praise but I was able to find something to eat each of the three mornings we were there.
As with most hotels, there was considerable room to room noise.
I liked the small coffee pot over the one-cup fiascoes I find at other hotels. The one thing I really would like to see is a mini-fridge. I understand they have them in the suites but there seemed to be plenty of space to accommodate one in our room.
Lack of outlets is always a problem in all but the newest of the hotels it seems and they were lacking here too. With computers, cell phones, IPads and the like - it's a painful shortcoming.
I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
planetz7, Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Summerset Rapid City West, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

I'm very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on having the best front desk and housekeeping staff in the area. Every inch of our rooms are deep cleaned just before the start of the "busy" season usually in April and from there since we are always busy we normally deep clean each room on a case by case basis until August when we do every room again. I will look up your last name and try to find which room you stayed in and get that carpet shampooed ASAP. Our hot breakfast consists of what anyone would easily consider good old-fashioned "midwest" dining fare. We switch every day between biscuits and gravy and sausage patties and scrambled eggs as the hot dish. We always have donuts, rolls, muffins, waffles, english muffins, hot/cold cereals, hard boiled eggs, and of course toast and fruit. We are considering adding a fridge to every room in the hotel and your imput will definately help make that a reality (as we do report such suggestions to our owner). While we're at it we may add a "hub" in each room for electronic devices as well. Times are always changing and in this "electronic age" that's a great suggestion! Thanks for your review and we would be pleased to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

After a very long drive we found this lone hotel. The staff is super friendly. Having a family of five makes it difficult at times to find something comfortable and affordable. We were given the best deal on a queen suite with a pull out and roll away. Each of us enjoyed the extra space. Pizza Hut and grocery store across the street. Pool is great and breakfast was plentiful. Two TV's, frig, microwave and a ton of plug ins for all the kids' electronic items. Beds very comfy and shower was great! Thank you so much for making our night enjoyable. We will come back next time we go thru Rapid City.

• Stayed: June 2012

Thank you for finding time to write about your enjoyable stay with us. Our suites offer the best overall comfort and value for any family with four or more members and I'm very happy to hear you agree. The great thing about upgrading to a suite is that you get all the extras that you mentioned and the average cost is usually around only $10 more than our standard rooms. I think this is a bargain for a family looking for not only all the amenities you would expect in a suite, but also a nice value to add to it. Thanks again for your review and we would love to see you and your family back when visiting the area!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Spent one night in this beautifully furnished hotel. Six pillows on the bed. Recliner. Delicious breakfast of biscuits and gravey. A model of what hotels should be. The only thing missing was a mini fridge.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Tommy, I'm very glad your brief stay with us was one to remember. Our hotel is decorated in a "lodge" style and many guests enjoy it. We shift our hot breakfast items every day from biscuits and gravy to scrambled eggs and sausage patties. We of course feature all of the other items you would expect with a complimentary breakfast and a few surprise additions as well. I'm happy you enjoyed it. All of our suites include fridges. As you mentioned your room did not, but based on a lot of feedback we are seriously considering adding them to every room. Thanks for your review and we would love to see you back when visiting the area!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stayed here 3 nights and it was nice. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. Didn't quit get the little casino, but it helped pass the time. It is central to everything in the area, but Rushmore and Crazyhorse are a little distance. The property was very clean and quiet.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank esmith3432
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thanks for taking the time our of your day to share your "great experience" with our hotel. We train our staff members to be the best in all facets of hospitality and I'm very happy they proved it to you. Our bar/casino is made to take the stress out of a long day of travel. Yes, it's small, but I think many people enjoy being able to relax in a more intimate and quiet area. If guests prefer a more social and lively area their is a new bar within walking distance of the hotel in a clean and reputable strip plaza. Once again thanks for the review and we would love to see you again when enjoying the Black Hills area.