All reviewspizza huthot tubeggs and sausagebeds were comfortableindoor pooldoughnutsgas stationblack hillsspent nightsplace to stayenglish muffinthe breakfast areahot breakfasta great staymount rushmoresturgisattractions
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We paid $49.99 for two. Queen bed and very clean. Breakfast was not your usual continental but served in a cafe on sight, although we were a little late and the eggs were a little chewy. Overall, we would look for a Ramada our next trip also.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
planetz7, Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Summerset Rapid City West, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Theresa W, Thanks for taking time out of your day to let everyone know you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on a future trip to the Black Hills area.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

When we picked this hotel we knew it was out of the city and we selected it for the country setting and the rustic feel. It turns out that there is not much of a country feel as it is located across the street from a gas station/market and a Pizza Hut and next to a car dealership. We found it a bit annoying having to drive everywhere to get a bite to eat when we were not getting the benefit of a country setting.

The hotel itself was in good shape and the room was spacious, although a little more basic than expected. The pool was nice and the breakfast was good each morning (alternating between biscuits/gray & eggs/sausage). The breakfast area was not large and became overwhelmed when a bus groups was eating but generally it was not busy.

One night our smoke detector started beeping every 30s. I did not want to mess with it and I did not want to disturb my family further so we lived with it until morning (at which point they fixed it).

Overall a good hotel but next time I would stay in Rapid City (or one of the attraction towns like Custer or Hill City) or in a cabin.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank CyTrip
Reviewed August 5, 2011

My family of 6 stayed here for 10 days and found it very enjoyable. Rooms clean and well maintained. Good points- Free wi fi and there are 2 computers for guests to use for free. Breakfast a bit boring after a few days you knew what to expect. Central for all attractions as well as supermarket shops etc.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

First and foremost, this is NOT a bad place. But, it should rank as a back-up in case you cannot find a room in Rapid City or Spearfish. I believe the primary purpose for this location is for the annual Sturgis Rally crowd. It is 16 miles from Sturgis and 10 miles from Rapid City, with no direct route into the Black Hills. There is a mini-casino and bar in the building. I mention this because, at check-in, our desk clerk was shuttling between tending to the front desk and tending bar 20 feet behind her. Pleasant person, but...
I did not use the pool, for when we entered the hotel lobby at check-in the air was pungent with chlorine - throughout the building (halls & lobby), I was not interested in bleaching out my swimsuit or what little hair I have left...
I rarely rave about hotel breakfasts, and I won't here, either. Cold food was standard fare (cereals, pastries, fruit, etc.). Actually, what little hot food that was here was dreadful - especially what passed for an omelet. Was burping that one for about 200 miles!!
So, stay here if you must - like I said at the top, it is not a bad place - but it is missing too much if you use it as a base camp to explore the area. Find something in Rapid.

2  Thank RoadTrippersWA
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I read many of the posts before staying there for 3 nights over the forth. It's a solid motel, nothing more. It's useful if you don't want to pay Deadwood prices, have access to Sturgis, or run into the Black Hills. But you aren't spending any time at the "resort" because there's nothing really to do there. 6 slot machines and a small sitting room. It's really just a well kept motor hotel. Drive in, sleep, drive out. Food is limited in the area (there are better places in Rapid City with more food choices), though the Elk Creek restaurant and Pizza Hut are close by choices. The beds are nice, lots of pillow choices, but the rooms are a bit loud...which can be annoying if there's a lot of people and you're hung over (was in Rapid City for a wedding, I'll say no more). By the way, they do have a small bar on sight, and the drinks are reasonably priced...hence the hangover.

Room Tip: Bet this place is a goldmine for Sturgis...so rent early!
1  Thank Nawlins007