“Excellent Place to Stay”

Country Inn Rapid City
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We stayed here on our recent trip to South Dakota. We used this hotel as a base as we did day trips in and around the Black Hills. The front desk service was excellent!! Very friendly. We had a whirlpool room and it was very nice. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. The breakfast was typical of any hotel breakfast, but it was good. There is a TGI Friday's next door and you received a 15% discount from the hotel. I would stay here again. I would say they need to replace the towels since they are gray and dingy...but they were clean:)

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Johnnie S, General Manager at Country Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. On behalf of our staff I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again if you return to the area.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn Rapid City

Reviewed August 22, 2014

I see that this hotel has mixed reviews regarding cleanliness, so perhaps cleanliness is not consistent in this establishment. Maybe it has to do with a certain housekeeping team that works in a certain area of the hotel, but anyway I was on a group tour and I and a few of my fellow travelers, involving about 3 out of 17 rooms were very unhappy with the condition of our rooms. The sheets, bedspreads, and bed skirts were very wrinkled. The sheets were so bad that we all questioned whether they had been changed since the last occupant stayed there. The rug in my room was stained and there was dust an all of the lamp fixtures and shades. When I returned from breakfast there was a very musty smell in the room. Also a sign suggesting that we would be charged for any towels that were missing was somewhat insulting. It made me wonder if anyone in management had looked at those towels lately.

Room Tip: Ask for another room, if it looks like I described mine.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at Country Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Reviewed August 17, 2014

hotel needs a good cleaning from top to bottom. Food should not be all over all the floors from rooms to stairwells to the front entrance. I would not go back to this hotel. The clerk tried to vaccum at 11 pm not a good idea to wake up the other patrons

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
Johnnie S, General Manager at Country Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I want to apologize for the condition of your room. We try very hard to ensure that all of our rooms our clean and reflect the highest quality of standards and I am so very sorry that you did not experience this during your stay. I do hope that in the future you choose to stay with us again so that we can show you that the problems that you experienced are not the what we strive for.

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We were very disappointed with our recent stay at the Country Inn and Suites. We were not expecting anything fancy, of course, just clean and comfortable.
We were in a suite and whole the size and layout were fine, the room smelled very bad...like stale and musty. (Thank goodness I brought my essential oil diffuser to clean the smell up a bit). The ceiling was dirty and the carpet had visible stains.
The towels were the thinnest and roughest towels I have ever used.
The most annoying problem was the thinness of the walls and ceiling. Every time the people above or next to us turned on the water or flushed the toilet we would wake up. It was as if they were in our own bathroom.
On a positive note the staff was very friendly and helpful and my daughter had fun in the pool.
I would not stay there again, however, as there are plenty of other choices for this class of hotel in Rapid City.

Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Worth staying at again. The hotel was very clean. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Very motorcycle friendly. The price was high, but was standard for the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. The location was right off the highway, convenient to Sturgis and all other visitor locations.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled to to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

We were extremely pleased with our visit to Country Inn & Suites. We picked this hotel on reviews. We have never been to South Dakota. The staff at the hotel was GREAT. Excellent variety for breakfast. We stayed a week and our room was always clean!!!!! We did not have to ask for anything. GREAT place to stay. We would absolutely go back.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

At check in were Welcome by very nice people. When we got to the room the carpet was filthy and there was dust every where, the lamp and bedside table was dirty and Dusty. The bed spread had a smell that I have no idea what it was, so we just used the other bed. If your wondering why we didn't ask for another room, it was because the hotel was booked up. It was a Harley rally and there were no hotels any where any place in the area. The sheets wouldn't even stay on the bed!

Room Tip: I did not leave a tip. the young male was not polite, I have a feeling he wasn't to excited to...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Johnnie S, General Manager at Country Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014