“This will be the only place I will stay from now on!”

Country Inn Rapid City
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Gillette, Wyoming
“This will be the only place I will stay from now on!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We arrived in rapid city on January 3rd and my mother and I were greeted by Laura the assistant manager. We adore her! She was so friendly with an AMAZING personality! We were catching a flight the next morning so Laura had arranged for a shuttle to pick us up and take us to the airport free of charge so we could keep our vehicle at the hotel while we were gone. In other words she saved us around $150.00 in airport parking! :D did I mention the room rates were exteamly affordable. When we got to the airport at 5:30 am our flight was canceled. The airport gave us the runaround (to put it nicely) to get us on the next flight that day. Needless to say they got everyone else on the plane but my mother and myself yep we got bumped. I asked if they would comp us a room anywhere for our troubles and I got a very rude no! Long story short we had to stay another night in rapid. Well when we called country inn and suites and told them what was going on they gave us our room back and had a shuttle come and pick us up asap. The staff is amazing and there hospitality is unbeatable! Thank you so much Laura! You are absolutely terrific! :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Joyie L
RapCityCISMgt, General Manager at Country Inn Rapid City, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was sorry to hear you had so many travel problems but I am thrilled to her that our hotel and staff has met you expectations. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to the area. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Gillette, Wyoming
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed here just for one night after a hockey game. I had to wait over 5 minutes for anyone to even come to the front desk. The person who checked me in was ok. He didn't explain the Coupons for restaurants at all. In fact, I didn't notice them until I was home the next day. The room was great and the bed was so comfortable. Great water pressure in the shower! When I went for breakfast, the room was packed and there was hardly anything left. It was only 8:30 so I waited in hopes of more coming out. But alas, only more waffle batter but the line was too long to wait. I had yogurt with granola and wanted toast but that was gone too. I will try it again but I hope the desk person is friendlier and breakfast is better.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wds36
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We always appreciate the feedback to help improve our operations. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your room, however I was disappointed to find out the our desk staff and breakfast fell below your expectations. If you return to the area we hope that you will give us another chance to improve upon our performance and meet your expectations.
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the night of our wedding. We got a jacuzzi tub room and I have to say it was extremely nice! Every thing was very clean and the breakfast was beyond what I thought it would be. Excellent bed and quite room. The staff was very nice when we checked in and very helpful as well. We had a bottle of wine and they let us use their wine opener for free. Would definetly recommend this place to anyone and would stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RoKCHiK0387
RapCityCISMgt, General Manager at Country Inn Rapid City, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay on property. Most importantly though Congratulations on your Wedding!! On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inn and Suites we wish you many years of happiness!!!!

Johnnie Sack
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This hotel was clean, quiet, and convenient. The staff gave us coupons for local restaurants. The breakfast was complete. The bed and pillows were very comfortable!the staff was accommodating when we had a slight error in out bill - very satisfied

• Stayed December 2013
RapCityCISMgt, General Manager at Country Inn Rapid City, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that we could take care of the billing issue you came across during your stay. We are thrilled to here that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Rapid City. We hope to see you again if you return to the area.
Bullhead City, Arizona
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We will definitely be staying there for all of our future trips to Rapid. Our room was great and the staff was all very nice and helpful. I have stayed in many motels all over the country and the staff here was by far some of the nicest. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled to here that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Rapid City. We hope to see you again if you return to the area.
Sioux Falls
Reviewed December 3, 2013

stayed here for a night on our way home to SIoux Falls. Clean, comfortable, quiet. Kids loved the pool. Great breakfast, great coffee. It's the basics but all that you need when traveling thru. Very easy going front desk staff. We were able to use the breakfast room for our family group "pizza party". There's a nice flatscreen in there too. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
RapCityCISMgt, General Manager at Country Inn Rapid City, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Fish Creek, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed here while visiting Mount Rushmore. Everything was great.I enjoyed just sitting in the lobby and reading, very pleasant. We enjoyed going to TGI Fridays , which is next door. Ive never been to one before. I only wish that we would have stayed another night,but the weather was cooling down quite a lot!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family