Our room was in decent condition. We had a couple of maintenance issues with our room, the sink stopper had to physically pulled out to open the drain, we had to request it to be repaired. The refrigerator wasn't cold enough and it took two requests, one directly to the manager. On our second morning there, someone in the kitchen burned something and set off the fire alarm at 7AM or so, a rude awakening when you are on vacation. While the pool area with the water slide (included in the room rate) were nice, the whole hotel could use some "freshening up", it seems a little worn. If you used the back entrance, the electrical room gave off an ozone smell and the elevators smelled faintly of tobacco smoke.
Otherwise it was a good location, with a really nice perk of a discount card to be used in Deadwood and at Ruby Tuesday's next door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With our charming countryside decor and comfortable amenities, Country Inn & Suites provides a welcoming atmosphere to Black Hills travelers. We are located centrally between the Black Hills and the Badlands, just a short drive away from the historic Mount Rushmore National Memorial and the Crazy Horse Memorial. Our hotel features fantastic services and facilities, including an indoor swimming pool with 100-foot water slide, complimentary Internet access, a Fitness Center, and a complimentary breakfast buffet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rapid City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rapid City Hotel Rapid City
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Rapid City
- Country Inn Rapid City
- Rapid City Country Inn