AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City
Cambria Hotel & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$169
$144
CambriaHotels
$118
Country Inn
$104
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$179
GrandStay
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$176
$119
Baymont Inn & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$99
Quality Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$110
Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$194
$164
GardenInn.com
$169
ComfortSuites
Sleep Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$129
$109
All reviewssteam roomwafflespool and water slidefamily suitebiscuits and gravythe breakfast areacomfortable bedsnice roomhot breakfaststaff was friendlyblack hillsroad tripmt rushmoremotelcerealtargetinterstate
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and did not have a problem so can imagine my surprise when I was checked into a dirty room. Upon check in, I dropped my things on the bed and headed off to my appointments. When I returned, I discovered all the lights were on in my room. There were small crusted noodles on the floor and used toiletries in the shower. My conclusion was that either they were there before and I did not notice or someone had been in the room after I had checked in. I reported the problem to the front desk in the morning and asked that it be cleaned. That night I was given a run around by the front desk who was more concerned in explaining to me why it would have been dirty rather than just cleaning the room. I was also told that there was no supervisor on duty on the weekend. They would leave him a note and he would contact me at his convenience. Excuse Me! So, not having many options, I had to stay a second night in the filth. Finally was able to make contact with a manager upon checkout who assured me that my experience was not the norm (yeah right, have you read the reviews!) and he made it clear that he could give me a partial refund but it was out of character to do so. I took pictures to send to their corporate office, including the dirt, tissues, and debris beside and behind the nightstands. Stay here at your own risk!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank L T
AmericInn L, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are very sorry that we fell short of the expectations you had during your return visit at our hotel. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room, the lack of service of the front desk and the many issues that arose during your stay. We would like to assure you that your concerns have been heard and will be addressed with our staff. Thank you.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We arrived on a Sunday night and booked four nights at $79.00 for a king bed with whirlpool tub. The maid service had just quit on the job so there was a wait. We finally got up to our room and the floor had not been vacuumed but the bathroom and bed were fresh so we stayed. This is our last day and it has never been vacuumed, I had to get my own towels off the cart, ask for toilet paper, and get our key cards updated because we were locked out two times. We loved the Americinn in Mitchell but this has soured me on the franchise. Can't wait to leave. Also, the bed mattress cover is a feather cover so you get stuck with the feather quills.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Janet M

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services and address the appropriate staff in order to avoid these issues in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed one night while we were headed from Wyoming back to Illinois and decided to stop and visit Mt. Rushmore. The last minute reservation worked well and it was very convenient to Route 90 but that was about it. The carpet in the room was really stained, not the cleanest of places.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Irislady
Reviewed September 24, 2013

You will be charged $7.95 for a marketing fee they don't tell you about and for which you have no choice to opt out of. It is slipped into the fine print and you are not told it is included in the room price quoted. Also, our room had not even been vacuumed...sunflower seeds and cracker crumbs on the floor and a bad smell when we entered.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
2  Thank Ds S
AmericInn L, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We do appreciate the feedback. The Destination Marketing and Rewards is a discount card that we ask all our guests to take advantage of. This benefit includes two complimentary passes to the Watiki Indoor Waterpark, buy-one-get-one offers at Sliders Bar and Grill; located inside the Waterpark, as well as $20.00 free play at each of our Casinos in Deadwood, SD. This benefit is optional; please feel free to contact me at the hotel at 605-343-8424.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed here one previously as well... think I'll stay somewhere else next time.

This property is a unit of the same franchisee that has LaQuinta, Country Inns, and Fairfield Inn in Rapid City, and they all use "bait and switch" room quote rates.

This property is not up to the usual great standards of Americinns. The hallway carpet was left dirty up and down the hall overnite. There are decaying cigarette butts on the entryway to the lobby that look as if they have been there for months.

Obvious signs that the franchisee doesn't take pride in the motel brand or their own properties.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business