“King bed with Jacuzzi”

Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Tulsa
“King bed with Jacuzzi”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We reserved the room with a king bed and jacuzzi on line. The price was very reasonable (off season). I arrived early and the room was ready. The jacuzzi was in the corner and large enough for two XL adults. The room was clean although it looked larger online. The pillows were too soft and they did not have a firm one available. A Walmart trip and $8 took care of that. The breakfast selection was poor, basically waffles and gravy. There is a Perkins across the street. Too many unattended children running around in the hallways and in/out, in/out, in/out of the pool. There was a business center, sort of; two computers in a wide hallway, one with a printer. The side entry door lock was broken allowing anyone entry. Cable of course, but whatever package they had, nothing to watch. WiFi was very good. Staff was polite.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Flatfoot49

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Sidney, Nebraska
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I reserved the hotel online and received a confirmation and printed it out. We arrived in Rapid City and decided to go shopping and take the kids to some local attractions before checking into the hotel. We had a reservation so it should not matter.

I received a phone call at approximately 4:00 telling me my credit card was not authorized. I was driving so did not have time to give him the card information again or a different card. He told me I had to be there or call back with a new card number no later than 6 or they would not keep my room. So I decided to head to the hotel and change our plans to take my 8, 5, and 2 year old to Toys R' Us and to dinner. Instead we decided to make sure we still had our room we would go straight to the hotel.

I arrive and give them new payment and they tell me my room is not ready and will not be ready for at least 30 minutes. CHECK IN IS AT 3! The manager told me that check in is sometime after 3 and they are training new staff so it is taking longer. So I unloaded the truck brought the entire family into the hotel dragging our bags and kids toys and did not have a room. Remember we only came straght there because I was told they would give up my room because they were "filling up fast". I had to embarassingly demand a discount since I obviously was not permitted access to my room during the duration I paid for. I got a whopping $10 back! That was after having to make a fool of myself to the manager in front of other guests.

That night we got back to the hotel and got our rooms keys finally and were able to check into our room. It was now kind of late but we promised the kids all day they could go swimming. The reservation paperwork I had and the NICE young lady at the front desk told us the pool was open until 11 for anyone and 11 to 12 for adults only.

We go to the pool with all three kids at 9:55. after getting the kids in the water and starting to have a great time another gentlemen who worked for the hotel burst into the pool area that was occupied by just my family and told us that adult only hours were from 10 - 12 and we had to leave. I referenced the paperwork and what the lady had told us and he said we were wrong. So we had to rush out of the pool after letting our children swim for 20 minutes! I found the reservation paperwork and showed it to the same employee who kicked us out the moment we forcefully vacated the pool, I showed him where it said adult hours were 11 to 12 his response was "Ok" I said so why do we have to leave? His response was "I am just going off of what the sign says"

The next morning I checked this so called sign and all it stated was the waterslide was closed at 10:30. NOTHING STATING adult only hours began at 10!

There service here was absolutely terrible and we never received an apology or anything to make our trip better due to the issues NOTHING.

I will continue to post reviews about this hotel until I receive a satisfactory response from the hotel management.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kodamawrd
AmericInn L, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
On behalf of our entire staff here at AmericInn Lodge & Suites we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.
HAMMOND
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

During the off season, you can't beat the price of this place. My stay was a little interesting the first morning. I was watching tv and heard a strange noise. I went towards the bathroom and water was pouring from the ceiling. Seems the person above me over flowed their bath tub. The staff was quick to respond to my room and get me moved right away to a suite. The motel is clean, the beds are comfortable, and the breakfast was appreciated. They have a waterside for the pool which is a nice amenity for kids. The rooms are ultra quiet! Only disappointment was the steam room wasn't working. I would happily recommend this motel to everyone!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lead, South Dakota
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is a very nice hotel with great rates. We have stayed here previously and had a great experience. This time was not so great.

We are used to sleeping on pillows and the pillows in our room were about 2" thick and should have been tossed along time ago. This made a good nites sleep difficult.

I guess that was a good thing as we had an early morning appointment so had a wake up call so we would not be late. We never recieved the wake up call and fortunately I looked at a clock and we still made the appointment.

So at this point I would reccommend that guests bring a pillow to sleep with and make sure you set your own alarm if time is important. I truly hope that the hotel orders some new pillows and replaces items as they wear out. They need employees who can operate the automated wake up call system I am sure they have.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
dickinson north dakota
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Where to start with this place. Well when we walked into our room you were hit with an odor but got used to it after about an hour. We had mold on our wall around the air conditioner and window. Was hard to sleep due to drunks and kids running up and down the halls literally all night long. The price quoted to us for the room was not what we were charged (not even close). The keys they gave us kept having trouble wouldn't let us in the room or in the building. The tv remote wouldn't work. The only good thing I can say is the housekeeping staff were very friendly and helpful when needed.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Justin S
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I came in one night to get a room and was greeted by a very friendly front desk guy named steve he took the time to tell me the prices of the room an what was in each room that made it more expensive and about their breakfast in the morning it's great to know that they're still genuine people in the hotel business who don't try to sell you the most expensive room right off the back

• Stayed January 2013
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We had a very nice weekend at the American inn. Our room was very clean which is the most important thing to us. The evening desk manager was friendly and helpful. The ratestime were reasonable.We enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013