“Un-costumer service!!”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The front desk ladies need more training!! They charged our card, which at first they said they hadn't, so we paid cash, plus a $50 deposit!! So it was a total of over $400 that they had billed us!! We had to go talk to the girl at the desk, who apperently didn't know much about what she was doing. Then we waited in the hallway for the maids to clean our room, after a long period of time waiting we go back to the room only to find they had taken our towels and not replaced them with clean ones, nor was our room clean!!!! Their laundry cart was right there in front of our room but nothing was cleaned and the bed wasn't made!! Ruined all my afternoon plans! I went to the front desk to ask for towels and let them know what was going on, and it was like she didn't hear a word I had just said...and told me to let the maids know in the hallway, in a soft-nice, but FAKE tone of voice! Rude. They need to be trained better on their customer svc skills. I worked years in this industry and customer svc and they wouldn't even be hired or fired! No one knew what the heck to say or how to solve a problem!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
AmericInn L, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

I apologize for your bad experience. The only reason that your card would have been authorized for the room is if it was used to reserve it. Obviously we must monitor these things so people aren't using bad cards during this busy tourist season. As far as the room not being cleaned, I take total responsibility for that. We do have a relatively new staff that gets rattled trying to accommodate each and every guest as quickly as possible. Sometimes this makes them lack the attention to detail, like seeing that the room isn't ready yet. I will definitely work on that with them. I hope you look to us again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Don't stay here unless it is your last resort. For the high price it is not worth it. we arrived and did I not get the type of room we reserved. The said they would take off $20 but when I got the bill they hadn't done so, I had to go to the front desk to get the change made. The ice machines on the third and second floors do not work, so to get ice we made the treck to the bottom floor. The wifi signal in our room was poor. We had no hot water to shower until late morning. The breakfast is all high sugar/refined carbs. There is no real cream for coffee, and only fake butter for toast. The pool is small and the waterside does not empty into the pool. Go some were else folks!
One positive is the staff was friendly, especially the over night guy.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank D F
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

I do apologize for your stay and appreciate the feedback. The room type that you reserved online was unfortunately booked onsite before your reservation was finalized. We did our best to accommodate you in our peak tourist season. The problem with the water was an issue with the city and not that of the AmericInn Lodge and Suites, and appears to be resolved. As for our breakfast, it is a 35 piece deluxe continental and generally very appealing to most of our guests. We do offer "real" land-o-lakes butter, and both non-dairy and three different flavors of coffeemate creamers. Our waterslide does not empty into the pool, and most guests prefer it that was. It makes the pool more fun and less disrupted like other hotels.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

After a harrowing experience at Travelodge, we were all ready to break down and head home. However, we are so happy that we decided to check out the hotel with the blue swirly slide! This place is fantastic! Clean, nice pool, the staff is fabulous - Mike was great at the front desk, Our boys couldn't get enough of the slide/pool. Our room was clean, and well stocked, Air worked, bed was super comfortable. I can't say enough good about this place. A++

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and it was very quiet!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback. I am glad I could help make your Rapid City experience better. If you happen to be thru the area any time in the future please call me personally. I am always glad to help.

Mike.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

This hotel is older so don't expect perfection, but it is clean. AND the bed is AWESOME! It is so soft that I could have stayed forever. We got the spa room, and I thought the tub would be a bit larger. It is also in an stange position, that made it difficult to watch TV while soaking in the tub. The pool area was nice, but we did not go (there was a soccer event and a million teenagers took over the pool area). The breakfast was dissapointing because they had NO gluten free option outside of a hard boiled egg. They were dog friendly and allowed Ernie to stay in the room with us. The hotel was centrally located which was helpful. I did feel it was a little costly for what was provided.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. Our hotel is getting a little age on it, however, there are some renovations in the works to make it new and improved. I do apologize for you not getting to utilize the pool area. When we have special kids events in town it makes it difficult on our other guests. Along with the remodel, we will be improving our breakfast as well and cater to more diverse diets.
Mike

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel was nice, staff was GREAT!!! The kids enjoyed the pool and the waterslide. Just becareful with the waterslide. There is not a lifeguard or anyone monitoring it so if you have little kids and a big kid or an adult is going down, they are going to get hit. I am a little surprised with the liability aspect that they are not paying some kid minimum wage to stand there and tell everyone when to go down.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

On behalf of our entire staff here at AmericInn Lodge & Suites. We appreciate you taking the time..

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

DeAnna Click

Reviewed June 12, 2012

My husband and I plus our 4 kids (all children under 9) stayed this past weekend. I was a little scared after reading some of the reviews. The gentleman at the front desk greeted us and checked us in within no time with our reservations made through blackhillreservations.com (which I would never recommend). His name was Mike very nice man gave us coupons and explained times of breakfast and where the pool was. We stayed in the King suite. I was expecting it to be bigger. My only complaint was the pull out couch wasn't very comfortable and there wasn't any extra pillows for the pull out bed. Our room was clean. The bathroom is a bit small. In the morning the breakfast was good the first day of our trip, the coffee tasted horrible. The breakfast had waffles, muffins, donuts, bagel, sausgage (very little), gravy and biscuits, and cereal, and also juice choices. The breakfast was overall good for something quick to start your morning with. The pool was nice. The hot tub had a funny smell and didn't appear to be very clean, and was much too hot to get into. The pool area also included a slide that didnt go into the water,but we still had fun on the slide. I had to ask the manager to turn the water slide on which he did right away. I also had to ask for towels for the pool which he also gave me right away. Other than that was overall a good motel to stay in. The garbarge in the front of the hotel needed to be dumped. Also as another review stated a year ago the back door was broken so anyone could walk into the hotel. I did notice that the hotel had cameras running so they are able to view the doors and parking lot. All the staff were very nice and polite even the cleaning lady on Sunday we gave us some extra time on Sunday before we had to leave the hotel! Also we all slept well. No noise from the hallway or other guests.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
AmericInn L, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

On behalf of our entire staff here at AmericInn Lodge & Suites and Mike. I’m happy that he took good care of you. He always goes beyond to help all our guests.

I’m very happy to say our hot tub is up and running now, and crystal clean. Our whole staff loves when we get comments on tripadvisor. I personal love our slide I know it doesn’t go in to the pool, but it’s great for all ages.

DeAnna Click

Reviewed June 11, 2012

There was a mix up in my reservation. I had a king suite but when I got there I got a room with 2 queen size beds. I called the front desk and spoke to Lyndsay and she informed me they didn't have any for that night and that one would be avalible the next night. So would set it all up for me. She told me to check with Jasmine in the morning. I went down in the morning to speak with Jasmine. She had the room but it was not ready yet. My family and I were sightseeing so she told me pack everything and leave it in the room and that when the new room was availible she would make arrangments to get our stuff to the room. She and Lindsay were very helpful. They represented what true Customer Service should be. Always say yes to the customer and then figure out how to make it happen. They were both awesome. While I was speaking to Jasmine a child in the lobby had thrown up, Jasmine looked at me and excused herself, got houskeeping and came back and continued helping me, never missing a beat. By the time the mother "informed" the front desk what had happened, house keeping was already there.
The hotel was clean, as well as the rooms. (remember I saw 2) Housekeeping was friendly.
The breakfast they serve in the morning blows away any hotel I have ever stayed at. cereal, waffels, donuts, muffins, english muffins, toast, hard boiled eggs, juice, yogurt, USA today.
I will being staying at this property again if I'm ever back in town.!!! Thanks Lindsay and Jasmine!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
AmericInn L, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I take great pride in having the best staff around when it comes to customer service. We can not wait for you to come stay with us again.