“Our usual pleasant stay”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #27 of 49 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed April 4, 2011

A clean, quite and reasonably priced motel. We always enjoy our breakfast in front of the fireplace.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 19, 2011

We stayed at this motel mostly because we have always had a good experience with Americinns and because of the waterslide.
We arrived early and were warmly greeted. We were able to check in early. My 10 year old wanted to get to the pool. Within 10 minutes he and another child in the pool began wheezing and gasping for air. I took them into the restroom and closed the door because the restroom had a fan/vent. They were wet and I didn't want them going outside in the cool weather. When their breathing became more normal I opened the restroom door. The wheezing started again. We left the pool area. My son's breathing got better so we went back after about four hours. Immediately he started wheezing again. He landed in the ER, was treated, given a Rx that we had to have filled at a local pharmacy and told to stay out of the pool.
We have a swimming pool at home. This child has been around pool chemicals his whole life and NEVER experienced such a reaction. He has NEVER had any respiratory problems prior to this either. Three weeks after staying at this Americinn he developed pneumonia......the one and only time in his life.
I made repeated attempts through the front desk staff to talk to a manager during our stay. The manager never responded. I made several calls to the Americinn's customer service number. They listened to my concerns and told me someone would call me back. The THIRD time customer service PROMISED a call back. That was in November 2010 and I still have not been contacted by the management of this property.
I will never stay at another Americinn again......anywhere......under any circumstance.
A 10 year old required medical treatment and the management totally and completely ignores repeated attempts to speak with them.
When we go back to Rapid City in October of this year we will be book our room at another chain.
One more thing, we kept getting kicked off the free internet but were able to connect to a motel across the parking lot and use it without interruption.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank calamityjanemn
AmericInnGenMgr, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2011

Please be advised that our pool chemicals are provided and monitred by ECOLAB, one of the leading institutional suppliers of such chemicals and pool systems. We test and record our pool chemical levels daily and send out pool samples to be independently tested weekly. During your stay, all chemical levels were normal and the test results of the water were within the normal operating ranges.
We have no other reports of guests experiencing any breathing problems associated with the use of our pool at this particular time.

Reviewed March 17, 2011

Right off the freeway & close to everything we want to do

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2011

I loved the room! Best Coffee and Breakfast in the morning. The bed is perfectly soft yet not hard on your back. Bathrooms are great clean and cozy. I just loved my room. I will always continue to stay with AmericInn. The fitness center was awesome!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We arrived safe and sound on the 4th of January, and everything went super smoothly. The room was fantastic and roomy, and the front desk staff were superb! Beds were super comfortable and very spacious rooms for the price. You can beat it anywhere! Only thing my spouse commented on was that the heater was very noisy and he said it needed to be upgraded. Other than that we will certainly stay here again. Wintertime is a great time to see everything as there aren't the crowds of tourists and prices are super reasonable. Also the people of Rapid City and South Dakota in general are super friendly people who are helpful and kind. Cudos to Betty B of Midas Muffler for being so helpful.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2011

The Americinn Lodge & Suites Rapid City, was a pleasant surprise after a long day on the road. Being a photographer, I look for a clean, comfortable room, and mostly, a great bed! This hotel has a great location off I-90, and the check-in was very quick. I would have to say this is the most pleasant AmericInn, I have stayed at. And, they welcomed my two English Springers!!! They enjoyed it too! I highly reccommend this hotel and I will stay here when I am in the area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2010

We could not of been more pleased with our stay here. It was the first time we had stayed at this hotel. The staff was very friendly from the time we stepped up to get our room until we checked out. The room was neat and clean. When we checked out I told my wife that this is where we wold be staying from now on.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple