“Great motel. Friendly down to earth owners.”
Review of Lazy "U" Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rapid City
Lazy "U" Motel
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed August 20, 2013

As I'm writing this review we are staying at the motel. Just checked in for the 2nd night so that we could go to the Central States Fair. My sister and I stayed in the motel at the end of May and I liked it so much that I decided to stay here again. When my sister and I stayed in May she, as a prior maid in a motel, looked for those little things. Couldn't find anything wrong at all. Now my daughter and I are staying here and we really like staying here. Very quiet. Love the pillow top mattresses and the new attractive carpeting. What we really noticed are that the shower head is up far enough that you don't have to scrunch down to get the top of your head wet which is a pet peeve of mine. Loved the Wi-fi and the flat screen TV. Price is great as well. I would recommend this motel to anyone traveling in this area. Loved visiting with the owners. They are great down to earth ppl who care about you.

Room Tip: Stayed in back rooms. Easy in and easy out. I like that each parking spot is marked for your room...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cheryl S

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Nice clean motel where you felt they genuinely cared about making your stay pleasant. Rates are reasonable and within 16 minutes to the airport. We stayed in a room under a second floor so you can hear MINOR foot traffic. If this is a concern just ask for a room in the one story portion but I would not hesitate in staying in that room again - it was very minor, ended very early, and no where near as bothersome as you may find in some higher end hotels. Motel is on a busy road but the room was very quite in fact our room was next to the office and I cannot recall hearing any foot traffic or talking. Nice family restaurant next door. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great little hotel, with easy access to Mt. Rushmore area attractions, as well as the interstate to take you to further off locations.

Motel was quiet and clean, with a comfortable bed and a great shower. Wi-fi worked fine. Owners were friendly and helpful about the general area. We didn't spend too much time here, but we would definitely stay again if we ever come back to the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer R
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We are actually staying here as I write this review. Older place but very clean with very accommodating owners. We are here at a very busy time of year and they did their best to keep us in the same room for our 3 day stay. We have a trailer with ATV's which we wanted to leave at the motel and they were very accommodating. Our room has been newly carpeted with new bedding and flat screen TV. We would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank sc1949
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

The local couple that restored thus classic 50's motel did a quality job of it. I spend a lot of nights in 3 and 4 stars on business and the room we had was cleaner. There was no odor of cleaning products either, which is a big plus in my book. Plus the window opens so you can turn on the amazing vent fan in the bathroom and pull sone if that amazing Black Hills fresh air through the room if you want to. Our room had a mini-fridge which was about twice the size you usually find. Each room has a parking space marked with your room number. The parking spaces are wide enough to park a row of full sized vehicles and not worry about a door ding. Flat screen TV and free wi-if. Coffee, tea, and donuts in the office in the morning. Really enjoyed our 6 day stay!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank schid
Reviewed July 8, 2013

A great place to stay...always clean, always friendly owners ( on property) an affordable nights rest!
We stay every time we go to the beautiful BLACK HILLS of SD! FYI they do not have a pool...but the water Parks is just up the road :)ENJOY!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank t f
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We criss-cross the country multiple times each year, mostly by car, once by bike (never again). Always on the lookout for a great "mom 'n pop" lodging, we found the Lazy "U" Motel meets our personal agenda. Operated by a charming and patient couple, this place has most of what we look for: first floor rooms (this one is single story only), CLEAN, no perfume odor masking previous smoking occupants, CLEAN, a guest-welcoming atmosphere, CLEAN, safe enough that we allowed our 6-year old granddaughter to mingle with the guests and reasonable bed comfort. Easy access to services, including a grocery across the road. Cindy gave our GD a small souvenir carving of Mt. Rushmore and her husband provided time saving advice on what to see...and what to skip. I am also now addicted to their morning doughnuts. Thanks, Lazy "U"!

Room Tip: We were nearer a side road, no noise problem. There's a business in the front of the motel parki...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family