“Not worth the price”
Review of Dakotah Steakhouse

Dakotah Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Dakotah Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 268 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-90
Description: We"ve always believed that dining should be a social occasion, a time when friends, family, and coworkers can enjoy great conversation over a great meal. We believe in supporting our local artisans and staying connected to our Black Hills community. At a time when the area is growing and expanding, we're striving to keep the flavor of the region alive. Inspired by the history of this area, both the aesthetics of the building and the diversity of the menu are true to our local roots, something no nation-wide franchise can duplicate. Certainly, there are other steakhouses out there, but none like ours. From the first design to the actual construction, we've focused on creating a balance between upscale dining and a casual atmosphere-crafting a chic steakhouse where the kids are welcome too. The rest is easy-buy the very best meat possible and prepare it correctly.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The resturant has great service but the food is not worth the cost. Had the buffalo skewers which were great. Ordered the sirlion for my meal smallest baked patotoe was the smallest I have ever seen on a plate in a resturant my sirloin was cooked as I wanted but I needed a power saw to cut it.

There are newer reviews for Dakotah Steakhouse

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

First place we had dinner in Rapid City. Way cool metal buffalo out side for pictures. Very interesting and artful way to present a Caesar salad(photo) which was outstanding . Great BBQ ribs and steak with very friendly service.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

By passed the long lines at this popular place by eating at the bar two nights. First night was excellent. Top quality food, beers and service. The food was very tasty and well presented.
Second night food was fine but service was very average. I would have given 5 stars if it had only been on the first night, but.....

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We went to the restaurant located next to our hotel after 9 p.m. We sat at the bar and ordered off the menu. The bar keepers were excellent: they took our order, ensured we were taken care of, and engaged in friendly conversation. We only had snacks and a salad, but they were excellent. Next time we're in town, we'll go for a full meal.

Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here after 18 hours on the road. We located it through ratings on trip advisor and decided to hope they were accurate. It was after 8:00 pm when we rolled into the parking lot. We were hoping for decent food before we crashed for the night. We got taste bud orgasm and melt in your mouth steak. I am finicky about my steak and fully expected that the meal would not be the best as it was so late. You know, overcooked baked potato and wilty salad. Absolutely not what I got! Hot fresh rolls with bourbon butter, salad with a variety of fresh produce, teriyaki buffalo strips with spicy peanut sauce for appetizer and a ribeye steak that has ruined me for anything less. We had a bit of a wait even that late so I'd recommend a reservation, but our wait at the bar got us an opportunity to taste Buffalo Sweat beer. Yummy! Going to find a local distributor.