“might be ok if you could make a reservation two days ahead”
Review of Dakotah Steakhouse

Dakotah Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Dakotah Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 265 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-90
Description: We"ve always believed that dining should be a social occasion, a time when friends, family, and coworkers can enjoy great conversation over a great meal. We believe in supporting our local artisans and staying connected to our Black Hills community. At a time when the area is growing and expanding, we're striving to keep the flavor of the region alive. Inspired by the history of this area, both the aesthetics of the building and the diversity of the menu are true to our local roots, something no nation-wide franchise can duplicate. Certainly, there are other steakhouses out there, but none like ours. From the first design to the actual construction, we've focused on creating a balance between upscale dining and a casual atmosphere-crafting a chic steakhouse where the kids are welcome too. The rest is easy-buy the very best meat possible and prepare it correctly.
Berthoud, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“might be ok if you could make a reservation two days ahead”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Our experience with this restaurant was very unpleasant. We were there over the last weekend in September and could not even make a reservation two days ahead, twice we were told we could just walk in and MAYBE be seated, very rude unaccommodating people on the telephone. We went to Longhorn instead (without a reservation) and had a fabulous dinner!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank BubblyLady532

“Booming!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We walked in on a Monday night at five, and there was a forty-minute wait. We decided to eat at the bar. The bar stool was padded and very comfortable, an important item for my husband. Drinks were delicious. My husband ordered the prime rib sandwich and fries. It was served au jus and with horseradish sauce. Very tasty. I opted for a liquid dinner. We met some interesting people at the bar. The service was friendly and prompt. The atmosphere was upscale western. A great place to dine.

Morristown, New Jersey
“45 minutes to get a table on a weeknight”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

It is right next to the Comfort Suites which made it convenient. Food was just good - onion rings excellent. Bar staff was overwhelmed. Just all right.

Visited September 2013
“Fantastic Steak”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

After sending a week on a ranch with some good home cooking. Both my friend & I wanted plain old Steak & chips.

We booked on line which was really easy, we shown to our table and Ana was our waitress. We had Onion and pepper Rings to start, which were enormous. the dip with them was spicy, however complimented them well.

Interestingly Ana came by and advised there was a hold up in the kitchen due to an influx of orders. That was music to our ears as we needed the break between the starter and main course. Unfortunately many of the other customers were not so happy.

We both had a 14oz Rib eye, which cut like butter. Best steak i have had in a long time. The wait was well worth it.

We obviously didn't do take out as we were in a hotel, however for us a smaller steak around a 10oz would have been better.

Great restaurant, would definitely recommend.

Chicago, Illinois
“Wait was long, but food was definitely worth it.”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was my first time to dine in this restaurant. I got there at 5:00 p.m. and there was already a 45 minute wait. I thought that it was early enough not to make a reservation. Was I wrong, I will make one for my next trip to town.

I was told by the host that if I didn't want to wait the 45 mins I could choose to sit and eat at the bar. I had started to get upset when it took the bartender 10 minutes to come over to get my drink and food order. Then the couple sitting next to me told me that it took them a while too, because the only bartender was doing all the drinks in the restaurant and the bar. Once I got my drink I just sat and watched this bartender while I waited for my food. She didn't stop, as she was taking other orders and making drinks for the servers, changing kegs, she would walk by and ask if I needed anything.

When my food finally got there it was great, I had the 16 oz Rib-eye and Deep fried mac and cheese. I had asked her for a recommendation, and I was very please with her choice. Definitely worth the wait and I would like to say thanks to Leslie (the bartender), she did a great job. I will definitely be back when I come back to town.