“Enjoyed everything”
Review of Dakotah Steakhouse

Dakotah Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Dakotah Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 273 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-90
Description: We"ve always believed that dining should be a social occasion, a time when friends, family, and coworkers can enjoy great conversation over a great meal. We believe in supporting our local artisans and staying connected to our Black Hills community. At a time when the area is growing and expanding, we're striving to keep the flavor of the region alive. Inspired by the history of this area, both the aesthetics of the building and the diversity of the menu are true to our local roots, something no nation-wide franchise can duplicate. Certainly, there are other steakhouses out there, but none like ours. From the first design to the actual construction, we've focused on creating a balance between upscale dining and a casual atmosphere-crafting a chic steakhouse where the kids are welcome too. The rest is easy-buy the very best meat possible and prepare it correctly.
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Rainy night in Rapid City and selected the restaurant due to its location near our hotel.
Three sister soup, salad, ribeye, mushroom bread pudding all were very good. We split the 28oz ribeye, perfect for two.
Server was friendly and helpful..
Recommend highly..
No complaints.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Stopped after driving by twice as Black Hills tourist. Beautiful bison sculpture outside. Had choice of seating due to early weeknight arrival. Opened a very nice 2010 Chateau Montelena Zinfandel Enjoyed bison satay appetizer and wedge salad - a little sparse with the crumbled blue! Spouse had small filet med rare and it was prepared just right sha had side of mushroom bread pudding which was a bit dry but a nice idea. I had their 12oz dry aged ribeye - excellent - as good a taste and texture as any steak I have eaten. Side of broccoli unremarkable and cooled quickly. Dessert was shared apple crisp with ice cream and a very good warm caramel sauce served separate - more than enough for two. Coffee finished a nice evening.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

On the last night of our vacation my husband and I decided to treat ourselves to a special dinner. When we arrived at the restaurant we were told that there would be about a one hour wait. Since we were in no rush that was not a problem for us. They were pretty much on the money since in just about one hour we were summoned to our table. The ambiance was very pretty and although a bit pricey the menu offered a variety of selections. Now for the no so perfect part. The service was very slow. It took a long time before a waitress came over to take our drink orders let alone our dinner selections. Because of dietary restrictions I was unable to have either the salad or the soup offered but I did ask our waitress to give my husband my soup. Well she did bring out his salad but neglected to bring out the soup. We thought she intended to go back and get the soup but that did not happen. Instead our entrees were brought out. We never bothered with the soup since our entrees were already served. My husband ordered the steak which he said was cooked perfectly and delicious. I ordered the chicken which was suppose to be smothered in onions and mushrooms. The chicken was dry and there were no mushrooms and only a few small pieces of onions. Also the asparagus included with both of our dinners was cold. Needless to say the dinner we hoped would be special turned out not to be after all.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I would just like to comment on the bartender Stacha we had last night. We are not frome South Dakota and just here on vacation...not knowing about the sturgis rally, we weren't expecting such a long wait so ate at the bar. It was extremely busy and while the other bartender seemed to be flirting for tips, stacha was very calm and collective while making drinks, taking care of guests eating at the bar including us, and still making our experience wonderful. She didn't seem overwhelmed with everything going and always kept a smile on her face. Just wanted to have her recognized.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. Lovely atmosphere within sight of the Black Hills. Favorite part was enjoying the "Three Sisters" soup. Little did I know that the name does not mean Three Females, but something more in tune with Sioux history. Off the record delicious in taste and the hisorical significance only increased the whole experience. Waitress was friendly enough and never rushed. We will visit again if we are ever there. Add more Sioux history in the way of food....It will work.