“Hilton Garden Inn, Rapid City”

Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Nice facility, quite new building, easy access from highway and major streets, could hear neighbors and highway from room, food was good and hot, coffee and water always available in the Lobby, snow had been cleared from the parking lot which had several entrances

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden I... R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time and filling out a survey. Our team member appreciate seeing the scores you've given the hotel. Thank you for being a loyal guest. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Thomas Prestjohn

Write a ReviewReviews (1,265)

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Rooms are very dirty looks as if they havnt been dusted in awhile beds were very very very hard even on the softest setting pillows were very hard. I was very disgusted with my stay will NOT be back!!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank sjd1986
Hilton Garden I... R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

I am terribly sorry for the inconsistencies in the quality of our service throughout your visit. Both Tera and I are in my office reading your email and this survey and we are extremely disappointed that your stay was so upsetting. We are talking and getting together our next plan. But first we wanted to reach out to you. Tera has left you messages. I hope you will not let this isolated incident detour you from staying with us in the future. I am confident that given the opportunity, your next stay with us will be a more pleasant one.

Our team works very hard to keep every room and bathroom clean; we strive to exceed expectations every day. Please accept my sincere apologies for falling short during your stay. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences you went through and hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed at this location on 2-23 and 2-24 2014. When I left for Denver I forgot my sidesleeper pillow. When I called then the next day to make arrangements to recover it, The supervisor over the maid service told me she cannot find it. Being her crews service the rooms after each guest/mark leaves before anyone else enters the room, the logical explanation is someone on the maid service staff or other persons with access took it. Taking something that is not yours is stealing. I have never experienced a hotel that steals from its guest till I stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn in Rapid City SD. I urge those considering a stay here not to. If you do and your stuff comes up missing the only thing you will get from the staff is "we did not see it or find it" No sorry, just a brush off.
Richard R

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard R
Hilton Garden I... R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me on the phone today. I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate you bringing this situation to my attention and allowing me to follow up with our teams, ensuring that you and future guests are taken care of. Please be our guest the next time you are in Rapid City we'd appreciate a second chance to exceed your expectations. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Sincerely,

Reviewed February 24, 2014

This newer hotel is very nmice and well equiped. very friendly staff and good value. Near to most shopping right off the interstate. Food is OK, bar is nice. desk staff is very helpful and wants to keep you coming back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Howard T
Hilton Garden I... R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thanks so much for staying with us. I appreciate your review. We look forward to seeing you again when traveling in our area. I hope you had time to see some of the sights in the Black Hills. Sincerely,

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Staff did want to help carry in some luggage to our room when my husband asked if they could help us. We called front desk for more pillows, the guy brought us towels the first time, then brought us blankets, finally the third time he understood pillows. We felt like we were a bother to anyone there, they did not make us feel welcome at all.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charelle J
Hilton Garden I... R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

I am terribly sorry for the inconsistencies in the quality of our service throughout your visit, especially in regard to the lack of assistance and customer service you received when you first arrived. I can assure you that our guests are extremely important to us and we foster an environment of exceptional customer service. With that said, I will make sure to directly speak to our staff so that this does not occur again. I hope you will not let this isolated incident detour you from staying with us in the future. I am confident that given the opportunity, your next stay with us will be a more pleasant one. Again, I apologize for any inconveniences you went through and hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know.

Sincerely.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

My husband and I were in Rapid City for the Stock Show this past weekend. He had previously made reservations at the Travelodge so we stayed there the first night. It was a horrible disaster (see my review for Travelodge)! I got on Kayak and found this hotel. It is a beautiful hotel...new...clean...bar...restaurant (with a great breakfast buffet) and a courteous staff. If I had to find one thing wrong it would have to be the pillows. They were alittle too "fluffy". We could have used something firmer. We will definitely stay here every time we go to Rapid City!

Room Tip: We had a room (311) with a king-size bed and a walk-in shower. Finally...a hotel chain that didn...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AVIDTRAVELER0828
Hilton Garden I... R, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hello,
Thank you so much for staying with us! I'm glad you found us on Kayak. The Stock Show is a great event for Rapid City and we look forward to it each year. Next time let us know when you're coming or when you check in. We will have different pillow for you to try - hopefully we can find a firmer one for you to use. Or we'll get one for you. Our staff and I truly appreciate your business.
Tom Prestjohn, GM

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My girlfriend left me a room key at the front desk. I went to the front desk and the lady made the assumption I was lying about it. After 15 minutes of waiting in the cold lobby due to the below zero temperatures I was finally able to get a key because I was on the room list. The clerks were extremely rude. I tend to stay at the hilton honors chains because of the quality of the beds. I will not stay here anymore.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank pdk07
Kathy V, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn for your stay while you were in Rapid City. Let me apologize for the behavior that was displayed towards you when you were at the front desk. It troubles me to hear that you had this experience while at the hotel. Please call me and allow me the opportunity to make this right.

Lance - 605 791 9005