“Very Nice Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Very nice hotel. The rooms are very clean, modern and roomy. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The "made to order" omelets in the morning with fruit, juices, yogurt, breads etc. was excellent. They are very price competitive with the "touristy trappey" hotels, but quality is much greater.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jim B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,267)

Reviewed December 22, 2013

All the good thing from other reviews. But what impressed me was that when they found out we had to leave real early to beat storm Gemini coming in to Kansas City, they volunteered to make us sack breakfast to go. It was waiting for us in the lobby at 0315. Very good pastry, yogurt, apple and hot coffee for 8 of us. All this on off season price of $71 per room. I would not normally write a review, but they get an "attaboy"! Will stay again when I get a chance.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ed W
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely love this place. Been here a few times & plan on returning. This time we got the jacuzzi suite & it was so what we needed to unwind. And the convenience of not having to leave the hotel yet still have an amazing meal is such a blessing. The staff at this location is so polite, from the front desk to maid service. They make you feel special, like you matter. Also, appreciate the shuttle service. Derrick drove us where we needed to go - talk about a young man with a head on his shoulders. We really thought a lot of him.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank joyhope
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Very clean room. Didn't feel well so ordered room service, all was well. Stay helped me recover, rest and start week positively. Recommend this hotel. Stayed there to drop off son at South Dakota School of Mines after Thanksgiving.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jena M
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My kid, wife and I stayed in this hotel for couple of days, we had wonderful experience. This is a very good place to stay in Rapid city. The hotel is very clean, experienced very good service. The location is also good. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dawood Z
Reviewed December 5, 2013

this is a nice and very clean hotel! Rooms are well decorated and very comfortable. Food in the restaurant was quite good, but room service portions were pretty small and the pasta dishes came with no garlic bread. All I got was a small portion of pasta and I was still a little hungry after that. Very tasty, just small. the breakfast was confusing. I was suppose to get a free breakfast, but there was no way of knowing what was free and what I would get charged for. would have been nice to have that information before I had to pay for my free breakfast. I wasn't the only one who was confused as I heard a few other people discussing the issue with their server. Otherwise, It was a great hotel and I would definitely stay here again- though I'd bring my own garlic bread and breakfast. ;-)

Room Tip: No view to speak of- one side is the interstate, the other is the parking lot. My parking lot view r...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel and I noticed all the workers went above and beyond for us. The room was very clean. The front desk was very helpful and went above and beyond. The bartender looked up some information about a local attraction for us thought that was pretty great of him. Thank you for the great weekend and we will be returning again!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple