Stayed here for 4 nights in late Oct 2012 as our "base camp" for touring the Black Hills/Badlands region.
- Comfortable and well-appointed room with good bathroom plumbing
- Good climate control system
- Price was right for an off-season stay
- Had to request a "conventional" blanket; was not included in the room as is customarily the case at HGIs
- Bed pillows all too soft, even when doubled-up
- Restaurant cook was clueless as to how to prepare a "scramble" - instead of mixing in (i.e., "scrambling" - hello?) the add-ons (ham, peppers, cheese, etc), he just fixed scrambled eggs and dumped the add-ons on top; and then the next morning I specifically requested the add-ons to be mixed in and he STILL dumped them on top
- Thin walls. We could CLEARLY hear our next-door-neighbor snoring through the wall.
Review title says it all...good but not great. Still, I'd stay here again - none of the above were show-stoppers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City hotel in South Dakota is conveniently located just off of I-90, at either exit 60 to mall drive and then west .5 miles of exit 59 to mall drive and then east .1 mile. We are centered in the middle of famous shopping, convenient location and within minutes to many Black Hill attractions such as Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Hotel Rapid City