“Excellent”

Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We are members of the Hilton loyalty program and usually choose Hilton properties. This one was lovely...from a friendly and welcome check-in to a beautifully decorated room, we recommend it to travelers in the Rapid City area. We didn't eat in their restaurant but it certainly smelled good as we passed it at mealtimes.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Debb B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

I would like to thank you personally for being a Hilton Honors member and for your kind comments about our hotel. We pride ourselves in our great customer service and our dedication to detail from the cleanliness of our guest rooms to the great meals prepared in the restaurant. We do our best to exceed our guest expectations each and every time a guest stays with us.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed here one night while in Rapid City, SD for business. The hotel was clean, seemed new and the staff was very nice and accomodating. The room was nice and again, the main thing for me - clean! I had a beer at the bar in the evening and the place was overall very pleasant. I would stay here again - no doubt about it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Debb B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your great review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. As our guest you noticed our entire staff takes pride in the cleanliness of not only our guest rooms but the entire hotel from top to bottom. We have a "you see it, you own it" mentality. I have also empowered all of our staff to do what ever it takes to make our guest stay a enjoyable and memorable stay. Again thank you for your comments and we look forward to being of SERVICE again the next time you find yourself in the area.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The above hotel has got a lovely entrance and comfortable and nicely sized rooms. The staff are excellent and will answer any queries you have and also give excellent directions to all attractions. A previous reviewer gave the best exit on the I-90 as number 60 but I found exit 59 to be excellent. if coming from Deadwood (Wild Bill Hickock and Camality Jane) at the traffic lights turn left and go to bottom of hill to set of traffic lights and turn right the hotel is about 600 yards on your right. Alsio found the staff in the restaurant excellent.

Room Tip: ash for a room facing the front as the rear rooms face onto the I-90
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful rating you gave our hotel and staff. We strive to go above and beyond our guest expectations in everything we do. You are absolutely correct when you mention that Exit 59 off of I-90 going either east or west is the best way to locate our beautiful hotel and amazing restaurant. We are looking forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Conveniently located hotel located right off I-90, my GPS also had issues locating the hotel, but turn on exit 60 and turn right then left at the toyota dealership and it's on your left hand side...I am 99% sure that's the correct exit. Hotel located about 8-10 minutes to downtown Rapid City - check out Murphy's if it's a nice day to sit outside, great HH from 3-6. Hotel bar also had $2 beers over HH. About 30 minutes to Mt. Rushmore, Custer State Park- the actual entrance pry over an hour.

The hotel itself appears very new and in great condition. Staff friendly and the breakfast good - I'd make sure and order a special item, so it's extra fresh. I am a Gold HH member, so breakfast was included not sure it'd be worth $10 when there is a Denny's down the street though. They also have freshly baked cookies each evening and water in the lobby.

Hotel room was clean and quiet. The fancy beds didn't really work with my back. I had it on the softest setting and didn't feel all the soft. Hotel also has a nice pool and hot tub, which my hubby and I enjoyed. I would highly recommend this hotel and if ever in RC again will be back.

Room Tip: Upper level room, but no real views on either side.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

I sincerely appreciate your great comments and your taking time out of your busy schuedule to give me feedback about your stay and the interaction you had with our staff. I always enjoy hearing about our guest travels around the area, like going downtown to experience all of the wonderful things Rapid City has to offer. I am happy you enjoyed the cookies and lemonade in the lobby each afternoon and sincerely look forward to your next stay at the Hilton Garden Inn-Rapid City.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here one night, while passing through town and heading to Mount Rushmore and the Badlands. This was a nice hotel, with a solid breakfast. The rooms were very nice and clean, and the staff pleasant. It is located near a mall, so plenty of eating options.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Debb B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to respond to Tripadvisor and for your feedback. It is our goal to exceed our customer’s expectation and we appreciate that you took the time out of your busy schedule to give us that feedback. I am sorry that you were only able to spend one night with us, buy we definately look forward to having you as our guest again the next time you are in the Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This Hilton Garden Inn opened in July 2011 and it certainly gave us a big WOW on arrival.
They have some nice touches like the Pavilion Pantry, for those little items travellers may need.
They offer tea and coffee to go, plus take-away boxes after breakfast, so you can add a little something for your journey.
There is a small pool, gym, business room and self-service laundry.
Our initial room on second floor overlooked the external air conditioning units, so we knew it would not be a quiet night. We requested a change of room, which was not a problem, and spent two wonderful peaceful nights.
Our room was luxurious. Our bed had a brand new mattress with adjustable snooze guide, soft pillows, crisp white linen. Plenty of sockets in convenient places (which are sadly missing in other hotel chains), soft fluffy towels, brilliant shower, and Neutrogena toiletries.
There is a mini-fridge and microwave but no safe.
Breakfast on both mornings was a delight, the staff working extremely hard to keep everyone happy.
The staff at the front desk offered a shuttle service to downtown if we needed it, but we found some eateries within walking distance.
We would like to thank Theresa Fischer, Front Office Manager, for solving a little problem very professionally. It is very much appreciated.
Hilton Garden Inn is a haven of luxury, beautiful decor, welcoming feel and helpful staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

WOW! Thank you for the great review! We strive to exceed all of our guest expectations in everything we do and I am glad we exceed yours with the wow factor.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

New, Great beds, linens, big room, close to town, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Badlands, Sturgis, etc etc......Best nights sleep in months.....quiet....did not get the fancy bed option...staff were great....no free breakfast, but did have coffee in am and lemonade/water in late afternoon.DEFINITELY RECOMMEND as a jump off place for all the sights!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I am so happy you got the best nights sleep in months...every room in our hotel has the Garden Sleep System beds in them and as you found out, they are pretty amazing. I am hoping you had a chance to try a fresh baked warm cookie with that lemmonade in the afternoon. I look forward to having you as our guest during your next visit to the Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota.