“Tap into your inner child”
Review of Storybook Island

Storybook Island
Ranked #3 of 76 things to do in Rapid City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are a non profit childrens park. 8 1/2 acres of outdoor fun! We have a train, carousel and Bippity Boppity Bounce, the cost is $2 per person for each of these. We have concessions on site as well as a gift shop. We are free admission in the summer, a $1 per person donation is recommended. We DO NOT allow outside food, drink or pets. We open for the summer season on Memorial Weekend and Close on Labor Day.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have visited Storybook Island since I was a pre-schooler! And that was a LONG time ago. When I feel the need to recapture the sense of joy and wonderment of a child, a trip to Storybook Island does the trick! It's not just for kids and families with small children. Admission is free (by donation) and you're sure to leave with a smile on your face and oodles of giggles under your belt!

1  Thank SD T
in 32 reviews
"small fee"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Went to storybook island when it was decorated for christmas. It was beautiful. Kids loved riding on the train.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We walked through to check out the lights and take the little ones to see Santa and it was absolutely amazing! It was very beautiful and the kids loved it.

1  Thank Kaic_Camp
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This has been around since 1959, and was a favorite place to visit for my siblings and I. I also enjoyed taking my children there during the '80's and '90's. There is so much to see and do in the Black Hills; our vacations were so busy, and this provided a great diversion for the kids. They could play in a safe environment, and we could relax in the shade of the wonderful trees. Someday, I'd like to get my grand kids up there!