Review Highlights
Great attraction, incredible assortment of reptiles

Reviewed yesterday

from $195.00
from $179.00
from $189.00
2,009 results
All reviews snake show giant tortoises baby alligator animal shows vacation pass prairie dog town gift shop beautiful flowers black hills all ages off season great place to visit whole family great for kids on display fun place south dakota
Reviewed yesterday

The number of reptiles exhibited here is incredible. The bird shows and the snake shows are not to be missed. We enjoyed every aspect of this attraction. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely go back again.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

My kids loved this reptile adventure! We were fortunate to watch two shows featuring birds and snakes held at the Gardens. Both shows were great and everyone was able to pet a python, if they wanted.
The Reptile Gardens has one of the largest snake collections we have ever seen. They have cobras, taipans, green/black mambas, etc., etc. Their bald eagle Cheyenne is a beautiful raptor.
We will definitely be back! The whole staff was amazing as well. Very helpful, enthusiastic and great with the kidos!
Thanks to the staff for making our visit unforgettable.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This place never disappoints our family even when it's cold out it's still a great place to enjoy. The outside shows are not up and running but it's still nice

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I came here a few years ago and we couldn't wait to return with our girls. We spent about 3 hours reading about all the snakes they have, taking many pictures and playing with the prairie dogs. The park they build is a perfect addition and you can't miss the snake show!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was fully prepared to roll my eyes at what I thought was going to be a typical tourist trap...but this place is astoundingly cool! Gorgeous plant and rock specimens, and terrifyingly awesome snakes. The live snake-handler show was up close and very exciting, and I really enjoyed the birds and plants in the beautiful two-story treehouse dome.

1  Thank LorraineMontana
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We live semi-nearby and go here on a regular basis. My kids love it and are always begging to go again. We enjoy the gator wrestling and how helpful and friendly all the staff are.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I want to say this place is over price, small, and it's not worth the stop... But if you have children this place is awesome. Yes it's pricey just like anything else in a tourist town, but the staff keeps it really nice, they work really hard to make you happy and entertain you, And there's a lot of cool stuff here to enjoy. The gift shop is fantastic. The food is good. The shows are exciting and entertaining. towards the end of the day, the crowd really dies down and it's very easy and enjoyable to walk around and take in the animals. Don't go in expecting a full-blown zoo, or you will be disappointed. But our family had a great time and we thank the staff for their dedication to these animals over the many years

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My husband had visited Reptile Gardens 35 years ago and it was the only place he wanted to make sure to see again on this trip to South Dakota. It did not disappoint. I wish we would have went earlier in the season so we could have seen the gator show but overall it was a great visit. I especially liked the tortoises.

Reviewed October 13, 2018

much more than expected, two great talks, one on birds, the other on snakes. The snake keeper took a number of venomous snakes out of their cages - much to the surprise of the audience. Explained how to safely deal with a rattling irritated rattlesnake.

Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in on my way back from Mount Rushmore -friendly staff. a great collection of animals. Certainly kid friendly, things to do in the Winter but looks like it would be even more fun touring summertime