“A nice little petting farm”

Old MacDonald's Farm
Ranked #29 of 75 things to do in Rapid City
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My almost 3 year old loved all the animals that he got to touch and my 5 year old thought it was awesome too. My 7 year old was just OK with it. They did enjoy the pig race and feeding the animals. Liked that you get 3 days for 1 price. Nice picnic area. Only bad thing was the chicken that hung around for lunch and would eat anything that came close to the ground.

2  Thank mommyof3lilmonsters
"bottle feed"
in 5 reviews
"day pass"
in 4 reviews
"great hands on experience"
"nice set"
in 24 reviews
"blast"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My daughter LOVED this place - especially the baby goats. She could have stayed there all day. She also loved the baby chicks. She did a pony ride as well (which was too short). I think adults could be charged less though. This was definitely very memorable for her.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great place to take your kids, I myself wouldn't go there as an adult by myself. It was fun though to watch my son enjoy the animals. They have pig races, pony rides and a few other things going on. Good place to entertain kids.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

It was an ok stop, but for what it was, I felt like admission should have been half as much. What you pay will get you in for three days, but what's the fun of that when you can see the entire place in less than an hour? Perhaps they should offer reduced prices if you don't plan on coming back the next day.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We went to this attraction with our kids a couple month ago and were not charged for our kid's admission because they are only 2 years old. The kids liked it, but it gets to be really spendy when parents are already charged $11 for something that is tailor made for kids, not adults. Not to mention they charge $2 extra for a pony ride and $2 extra for a train (riding lawn mower) ride around the farm. The lack of any shade trees made the day really kind of miserable too. We decided to come back because the girls really wanted to go on a pony ride. We come to the admission desk and were told we will be charged for the kids. I explained to her that last time we were here they were not charged because they are only 2. She VERY rudely stated that if they are 2 or over they have to be charged $8. I told her I was not making this up and she said well only three people take admission, one being her, one the manager, and one the owner, so I don't know who you are talking about." I was shocked and appalled! I didn't appreciate being talked to as if I was a liar so we left and had three VERY disappointed kids on our hands. I really didn't want to leave for the kid's sake, but this girl really put a bad taste in my mouth and I could not shake it. Why was she so rude? I'm still trying to figure that out! I certainly wasn't. If we (3 adults and 3 kids) had gone in it would have cost us around $60 which does NOT include the pony ride! For a glorified petting zoo this is completely outrageous! If you have money to burn than consider going here, but if you are on a budget and cannot afford to spend an arm and a leg to pet a few farm animals and ride a pony around a circle for 2 minutes then go elsewhere.

4  Thank ZEB E