“Nice petting zoo”

Old MacDonald's Farm
Ranked #25 of 72 things to do in Rapid City
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our 4 year old loved it. The farm had a lot of different animals to pet...and most everyone was friendly. Even got to see 2 day old baby goats.

1  Thank mitchell m

Reviewed December 9, 2012

My daughter saw they had goats sitting on a very high bridge as we were driving by and we had to stop and see the place. Basically it is a giant petting zoo. My kids had fun, for about an hour or so. You have to look at the schedule and time things correctly as they only do pig races, calf feeding, etc at certain times. We actually left prior to the pig races. We did the calf feeding, walked through the entire place petting animals and were essentially done. Kids got bored and so did we, so we didn’t stay for the races. Admission is rather pricey but it is good for readmission for the next three days. Even so we didn’t go back. Would I go again? Probably not.

2  Thank PatrickP873
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Everyone is friendly; and there is always a ton of things to do. They love the pig races especially!

1  Thank Intrigued_Person
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I both have farm backgrounds and still were not bored by the animals and familiar settings of the farm. I loved petting the animals, watching the chicks hatching and running around. The pig race was exciting. My husband especially liked Shorty the huge draft horse. The pond and garden was beautiful. So much more to like!

1  Thank Pat L
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Our two yr old had a blast here and so did we! My two yr old was a great sport about the car rides and other attractions, so this was our choice to do something "hands on". Before we went I was skeptical about it being worth the money. I have been to the petting zoo area at our local zoo. But this was 10 times better-- you can take your kids inside the pens with the calves, goats, baby goats, sheep, and lambs. They can pet the rabbits and chicks, watch the goats on the goat walk, and bottle feed the baby animals. There are llamas, longhorns, donkeys, ponies, clydesdales, pigs (who participate in pig races), and also pony rides for $2. Lots of family fun.

2  Thank dwo321