“Lots of fun”

Cosmos Mystery Area
Ranked #1 of 9 Fun & Games in Rapid City
More attraction details
Owner description: You'll wonder how it all works at this mysterious attraction where you can stand on the walls and balls roll uphill. The 30-minute tour will amaze and delight adults and children of all ages.
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a stop that is worth the time and money. A guide took us through the attraction, which took about 45 minutes. It was strange, mysterious, interesting, and fun. Still cannot figure out or explain how things work in the Cosmos!

Cosmos_Mystery_Area, Owner at Cosmos Mystery Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

So glad you were able to fit us into your schedule while you were here in the Black Hills. We hope your visit was enjoyable and look forward to seeing you again some day.

There are newer reviews for Cosmos Mystery Area

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Not only will your eyes but your senses will be challenged at the Cosmos. It was great to see families bringing their children while mentioning to the guide that they remember coming to the Cosmos as children. Our guide was very personable with a great sense of humor and made sure to involve everyone in a least one demonstration. I do have a soft spot for these types of roadside attractions so I'm glad it has managed to stay in business all these years. Stop by and see it and feel it for yourself!

1  Thank marayga

Thank you for the wonderful review. Glad you enjoyed it. Come see us again some day when you are in the Black Hills.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was a quick stop which we visited upon the recommendations of friends. I think it was a little over-priced. It was fun, but a word of caution to anyone who gets motion-sick. I don't get car sick, but I left the Cosmos with a sick stomach and a headache....not the way you want to vacation. I'm glad we went, but I don't need to go again.

1  Thank Kari D

So sorry you didn't feel well after the tour. Thanks for stopping by and giving it a shot.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Weird and wild! A fun change of pace! If you suffer from vertigo, stay in the car! This is a physically demanding time. Try to stand up straight and not fall down!

We are glad you took the time to stop by and visit. Hope to see you again some day!!!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I've tried to recall everything I've learned about physics and apply it to my experience at the Cosmos, but I'm still baffled. The place really messes with your mind in the best possible way. It's a really short tour that could easily fit into a Black Hills trip. Put it on the Must List!

We quit trying to figure it out years ago! Definitely a few demonstrations that will leave you scratching your head. Thanks for stopping by!!!