WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Black Hills Maze

Black Hills Maze
Rock Springs
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun and exercise in one.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We saw this on the side of the road, and just had to try it. We split into three pairs and raced. My wife got the four towers first, but got lost trying to find the exit. We had trouble getting to the fourth tower, but made it out quickly after that. Our fastest pair was 38 min, and slowest was 59. It would have been more, but I went back in and helped them. I loved it!

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Had lots of fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Great way for the 9 year old to burn off energy. We finished quickly (<30 min), but still had a great time. Little bit overpriced over all, but would still do it again.

1 Thank Worcth
Chaska, Minnesota
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Kids had fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Okay, this place is older and does not look that appealing from the road, but the maze was fun for the kids. It costs 9.20 per person for just the maze and the goal is to get to each of the four check points and stamp your card. We let our 8 & 9 year old go in by themselves. It took them about an hour and you see their sense of accomplishment everytime they found a new station. They do have a mini-golf and basketball hoop game, but they were run down and did not look appealing at all. The owner was there and he was a super nice fellow.

1 Thank Ychick11
Markleville, Indiana
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Family Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Gotta visit this place for clean family fun. The older guy running the ticket window (probably the owner) gave us a free rain check to come back the next day. (it was hot). We visit this every time we come to the Black Hills.

Visited July 2012
Rapid City, South Dakota
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A lot of fun, but could take a while”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

I went to the Maze when I was pretty young with my mom and a couple other family members, and I remember them getting so annoyed because it took so long to finish. The idea is to find your way through the maze without crawling under walls or climbing over walls and get the faces from Mt. Rushmore stamped on a card. I just recently went again and it took me about 24 minutes, and my brother 35. They have a Wall of Shame for people that take longer than an hour and a half to finish, and a couple people took 4 HOURS! But on the bright side, it's a lot of fun for a group to go to. Split up into teams and have a race to see who finishes first! I give it 3 stars! There are other things to do there, which I didn't participate in, they include: rock climbing, laser tag, golf, and other activities. Have fun!

Visited March 2012