“Best Reuben Sandwich Ever!”

Murphy's Pub & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Murphy's Pub & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 273 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street/9th St
Description: Our goal is to take all the welcoming & inviting attributes of a local pub, & combine it with the passion, creativity & selection more typically found in a modern restaurant. We have 26 beers on tap, cocktails inspired by the top list in the country, & unique takes on pub & comfort food made with fresh & seasonal and local ingredients.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

What a delight it was dining at Murphy's Pub & Grill. My husband and I shared a Classic Reuben and an Adult Grill Cheese Sandwich. They were delicious and far exceeded expectations. They couldn't have been made any better. They came with a side of potato salad which rivaled my Mom's homemade potato salad. Even the pickles were good. For dessert we shared a delicious creamy Cheesecake and the Salted Caramel Vanilla Cake. I was in heaven. I got a seasonal German Apricot beer on tap and my husband got his favorite Guiness. Everything was outstanding and the prices were right. Don't miss it.

2  Thank Bonnie H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,104)

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Get there late in the afternoon or early in the evening and ask for Jimmy. You'll know it's the real Jimmy because of his flaming red beard. He was beyond attentive, kept the water glasses full, and had great recommendations for the food. Not to mention he was chatty, a quality I like in wait staff. Murphy's is one of two choices if you are staying at the Adoba Hotel. Come out of the hotel and go to the RIGHT. If you go to the LEFT you'll end up at another Irish Pub type restaurant, but the lady at the hotel check-in told us Murphy's had the best food, while the pub in the opposite was more like an Irish bar. My only regret is I did not hoist a glass or Irish Whiskey, my favorite drink (neat...no ice....just out of the bottle. I had chicken tenders and Roger's Sherry had fish and chips. They were authentic, Irish/British style fish and chips, and we loved them. I liked the chicken tenders, but the fish and chips were more fun and more authentic to Irish cuisine. Wine in Rapid City is inexpensive compared to most places. We paid about a bottle for low $20's, not a bad bargain anywhere these days. There was a table setting up for a 21st birthday party for a young lady who was not there yet. Roger's Sherry rolled her eyes when I told the early celebrants to pass along happy 21st birthday greetings from an old guy from Houston. I gave the atmosphere a five. The inside of Murphy's is plain, not a fancy ceiling, everything was exposed. I promise.....you'd never notice if I hadn't of told you. Enjoy....and remember that an old guy from Houston sent you there. My Murphy's rating: Five stars, two thumbs up.

2  Thank Roger D
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This restaurant was within walking distance of our hotel. It is rated #4 so off we went. Great choice for pub food. The service was excellent and the prices were reasonable. I just wish we had a place like this in our Houston neighborhood. We noticed that they were setting up for a birthday party on several tables next to us so I can only assume this is a party place. I can tell you that they have great prices on wine by the bottle.

2  Thank NurseSherry
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Highly recommend the Buffalo Meatloaf. Very tasty. Service was a little slow for the middle of the afternoon. Server was having to service too many tables. Not enough help?? Atmosphere was great & food was awesome.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Visited on our Fall trip to the Badlands and Black Hills. Decided to visit based upon TripAdvisor reviews and ranking. DID NOT DISAPPOINT. If it weren't for some minor Service issues and maybe some menu prices that seemed a touch high, this would have been a five star. Menu items were really special, tasty, hot, fresh and unique. Enjoyed the atmosphere, seating, comfortable, clean and not too loud. Place was busy and crowd was upbeat and happy. Very comfortable. Great food and a memorable restaurant visit. We are glad to have the experience. Nice job to the owners, they are doing great work.

Jake2424, Owner at Murphy's Pub & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

youbake, "Stroke of Genius".....what a great title. Thank you for taking the time to review our place. Our customers are always happy and upbeat....for goodness sakes they are enjoying craft beers and eating awesome food....even Eeeyor from Winnie-the-Pooh would smile inside our Pub.