Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Fun

This is a really rustic museum. The owner shows off his private collection of cars, garage... read more

Reviewed July 30, 2019
Jolacabana
Las Vegas, Nevada
Olds48 Sweden

Great place to visit. Project cars for sale on the lot & a fantastic collection in the museum... read more

Reviewed June 2, 2019

from $13.75
from $87.86
from $141.95
More Info
All reviews old cars private collection for sale memorabilia stories
Selected filters
Reviewed June 24, 2015

Stopped by first thing one morning when it was raining. Not a big car buff, but this place has a lot of really cool old cars. The owner has spent a lifetime of restoring these vehicles. He has true passion for the cars, and it really shows. All kinds of other antique memorabilia, including signs, toys, automotive parts, and much more. Cheap admission price, very much worth stopping in to see a different side of history than normal.

Date of experience: June 2015
2  Thank Mike O
Reviewed June 19, 2015

For a private collection, this place is impressive. Lots of extra stuff too (visible pumps, peddle cars, etc). If you are expecting to see hundreds of cars, then you will be disappointed, but for the price ($5) it was worth a stop.

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed September 6, 2013

If you like antique classic American cars, or even just American memorabilia from a bygone era, then stop at this family-owned classic car museum. After doing some research, I knew that I wanted to pay this place a visit. When we turned into the parking lot, my friends were a bit skeptical. Out front, there are rows of old, non-restored cars. Walk inside the building, though, and for $5 you will be able to see some of the most rare, and most beautifully restored, American classics sparkled with other American nostalgia. Plus, the owners are typical South Dakota nice -- warm and welcoming. For me, this was a highlight and a place I highly recommend visiting when you are in Rapid City.

Date of experience: August 2013
3  Thank rlmiller28
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Simply put, if you're into old American cars or motorbikes, or even automobilia, this place has to be on your list to visit. Being a privately owned museum I'll be honest that my expectations were pretty low. I was very pleased to be proved otherwise. We were greeted very warmly by the owners upon arrival and once inside you soon realise that the place is huge! I have to admit I'm not a massive fan of motorbikes so I was more interested in the 4-wheeled exhibits, of which there were plenty. All lovingly restored and in glorious cherry reds, bright blues, sparkling yellows and gaudy pinks. I was like a kid in a candy factory, I even had to break out another SD card for the camera. What's more, in addition to all the awesome exhibits inside that are fully restored, (oh yeah, check out the crazy aeroplane car), outside the lot is crammed with vehicles awaiting auction and restoration. I didn't know which way to turn or what to photo next. Can't recommend this place highly enough.

Date of experience: September 2012
2  Thank 135PaulM
Reviewed May 24, 2013

From the outside, it doesn't look like it would hold that much "stuff" but once you step inside the door and pay the very minimal fee to go through at your own pace, it was awesome! We spent over two hours in there, remembering the things we saw from when we were growing up along with seeing so many things from before my time. Very interesting, very informative and very much worth stopping to see!

Date of experience: October 2012