“Culinary Find in Rapid City”

Tally's Silver Spoon
Ranked #3 of 273 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: American, European, French, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fine dining born out of a local favorite classic diner in historic downtown Rapid City. Tally's Silver Spoon is the project restaurant of Benjamin Klinkel, chef and owner. Dubbed a "fine diner", Benjamin aims to bring together the worlds of comfort food and fine dining, sophistication and comfort. An atmosphere where cherry pie and foie gras co-exist. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday through Sunday.
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This menu is outstanding, with a lot of great flavors, high quality ingredients, and great prices. Service was solid, and execution of the dishes was pretty good.
Duck, Duck, Goose salad is too sweet, but our other dishes were phenomenal, and the salad was still good.
We'll go again next time we're there.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,095)

Reviewed April 16, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews pointed us to this place for breakfast, and I'm certainly glad they did. The service was cheerful and quick. The menu is creative, with plenty of choices. We could easily see why this is a popular place in Rapid City.

I had the menu item called "real french toast," which is probably the best french toast I've ever had. Berries, yogurt and granola over all of it. I put a little maple syrup on but it really didn't need it. Very satisfying.

My wife had poached eggs, which she described to me as "perfect." She said the potatoes were a bit too salty, and she's somebody who likes salt. Her words: "The service was remarkably good."

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Breakfast is delicious and cheap! Haven't had lunch here yet. Dinner is really good but pricey. Definitely kid friendly for breakfast but since it's one of the nicer places in town for dinner, it might be best for a date night.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We often eat at Tally's. They have wonderful and delicious choices for breakfast. There is always a fast offering for lunch and a special of some kind. One cannot go wrong here. Now they also offer some upscale desserts as well.

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Today was the first time we went to this place and I am surprised it took us so long to give it a try. IT WAS GREAT!!! I had the salmon eggs Benedict and my hubby had the omelette of the day! We loved it! Definitely a great place to eat, I had a breakfast that good only at Mon Ami Gabi in Vegas. Will go back