“Really Great”

Ranked #4 of 272 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: American, European, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fine dining born out of a local favorite classic diner in historic downtown Rapid City. Tally's Silver Spoon is the project restaurant of Benjamin Klinkel, chef and owner. Dubbed a "fine diner", Benjamin aims to bring together the worlds of comfort food and fine dining, sophistication and comfort. An atmosphere where cherry pie and foie gras co-exist. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday through Sunday.
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are new to the area. We came once in November, with our family- the food was excellent and our server, Anna, was lovely. Since settling here we have been back twice. Patrick is wonderful! He was our server the first time we went, just the two of us, and took excellent care of us. The next time we went back with some friends and had a different server (very nice). Patrick greeted us warmly and was very welcoming, even though we weren't seated at his table. What we appreciated most though, was that Patrick remembered our dietary restriction from the last time and came to let us know that something we ordered had pork in it. I call that excellent service and it was deeply appreciated. Will definitely be back! We already liked the place a lot, but Patrick really sealed the deal...

1  Thank Flowernessa
Write a ReviewReviews (1,095)

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Breakfast date with my sweet daughter. It was our first breakfast here. What an exceptional experience! The service was point on. The server was pleasant and very attentive to appropriate timing and interaction. The food came out timely and was beyond our high expectations. So glad this place is a part of our community!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We eat here every time we are in Rapid City. My husband and I love the crepes. We have never had a bad meal here. I have also eaten lunch here and it is equally as good. The service is always good and the food is always out in a timely manner. The wait line on the weekends can get long so the earlier the better!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Fabulous, eclectic , food. Great early evening menu. Nice for after work glass of wine or an evening out for dinner.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Tally's has a history in little downtown Rapid City, SD. In very recent years, it was purchased and remodeled. My husband & I enjoy the horseshoe bar in particular. Have met many wonderful people there who have become friends. The menu changes fairly often with a variety of offerings that can stand up to some of the best restaurants in San Fran, for example. Currently the bison is one of my favorites. In the fall the pheasant was wonderful and there is always a twist on chicken & fresh seafood flown in regularly. If you're not in the mood for a full meal, there are small plates and a great hamburger or buffalo burger...Love the managers, wait staff and bartender. (Only wine & beer.) Music on Friday, Sat nights is always fun. Gets loud but adds to the fun!