“great meal”

Ranked #4 of 272 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: American, European, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fine dining born out of a local favorite classic diner in historic downtown Rapid City. Tally's Silver Spoon is the project restaurant of Benjamin Klinkel, chef and owner. Dubbed a "fine diner", Benjamin aims to bring together the worlds of comfort food and fine dining, sophistication and comfort. An atmosphere where cherry pie and foie gras co-exist. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday through Sunday.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Fantastic breakfast. There was a little wait but not bad and it was worth it. Lots of variety and reasonable prices as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,095)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We ate here for breakfast, and it was really good! The service was great also. We loved the patio! If we are ever back in Rapid City, we will definitely stop here.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We ate here and had high expectations. The menu looked promising. The served food however did not meet our expectations. The king crab was deep fried and the pasta only tasted like cheese. The price was extreme. We will not return and suggest others not to eat here.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a real gem! Check out the BLT for breakfast. The dinner meal was one of the best I've ever had. The foie gras was outstanding as an appetizer and the duck is excellent. Others in my party had the Bison Burger and the Scallops. All agreed this is an excellent restaurant with quality service and friendly wait staff. Who knew you would find this quality in Rapid City? It's a walk across the street from the Alex Johnson Hotel. Unpretentious from the outside but well done on the inside. There's also outside dining but watch out for the flies in the summer. The chef/ owner apparently trained in France and the food is representative. Some of the menu items have unusual food pairings but they really work. It is a simple yet inventive menu. You should check this place out!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had dinner with some of our family during a trip to Rapid City for a wedding. The restaurant is in the downtown area directly across from the Alex Johnson Hotel.

The menu was very adventurous. There were several items I would have liked to try, but was a little scared having never been to this restaurant before. I settled on the buffalo burger. It was amazingly delicious. I chose the sweet potato fries as my side dish, and they were very good as well. My wife had the Donald and Porky sandwich (shaved ham, foie gras, onions, pickles and swiss). It was like no other ham sandwich we had ever had. All we can say is Yum!!!

Our relatives both had linguine, and were very happy with it as well. We would recommend this restaurant without hesitation. The next time I go there I might try some of the more exotic choices.