“Indecision = Dining excellence”

Tally's Silver Spoon
Ranked #4 of 268 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: American, European, French, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fine dining born out of a local favorite classic diner in historic downtown Rapid City. Tally's Silver Spoon is the project restaurant of Benjamin Klinkel, chef and owner. Dubbed a "fine diner", Benjamin aims to bring together the worlds of comfort food and fine dining, sophistication and comfort. An atmosphere where cherry pie and foie gras co-exist. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday through Sunday.
“Indecision = Dining excellence”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My wife and I noticed on the bottom of the menu what appeared to be an out of place entry. Boy are we glad we asked about it. Talley's offers 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 course meals with each course being at the chief's discretion (this tends to be the new items on the menu, per our wait staff). We order the 5 course meal after the delicious mussel appetizer and split the 5 courses. It was so much fun having each of the 5 courses presented in turn. I can't think of a better way to spend a special evening dining! (And it was very affordable!)

Rapid City, South Dakota
“A treat for the taste buds!!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My date and I decided to try Tally's Silver Spoon for Dinner. We had tried it one other time and remember it being delightful so thought we would try it again. We were not disappointed. Patrick, our server, was sincerely pleasant, well informed and made great reccomendations such as the Coppola Claret Cabernet Sauvignon!! What a way to compliment the food! We started with an Amuse Bouce of Foi Gras that was simply amazing. It was so full of flavor, that I would call it incredible! A very unique touch was beginning the meal with Black Truffle Beignets. How often do you see that in Rapid City?!!! My date and I shared the Pickled English Cucumber Granny Smith Salad and a House Salad. The Pickled English Granny Smith Salad was hearty, yet light. The dressing on the House Salad was delightful!!! For Entrees we ordered the Roasted Chicken with Smokey Cheddar Grits, Creamed Spinach served with Onion Confit and Black Truffles! All I can say is..Wow!! I didn't know chicken could taste so incredible!! My date ordered the Surf and Turf with Texas Wagyu Ribeye with Chimichurri, Lobster Claws with Tyme Lemon Butter Buerre Fondue and Roasted Fingerling Potatoes. All I can say is it was hard to believe that we were having such a sophisticated meal in Rapid City!!! Just a treat from start to finish! We will be back ! And by the way, we took fresh homeade ice cream home to the kids and they loved it!

London
“Great breakfast and lunch”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Friendly staff, bright atmosphere, and good food. Couldn't ask for more. Had breakfast and lunch there (a great soup by the way). Will certainly return.

Bismarck, North Dakota
“New Year's Eve Delight”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Lovely high-end restaurant with unique menu... how many other places can one get an elk tenderloin! Pasta dish was unique. Home-made bread and dipping sauce was excellent. Great wait staff...very attentive.

Visited December 2012
Henderson, Nevada
“Migas!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We only ate there once, but the staff was nice, the food was served fairly quickly, and the food itself was fantastic! I can't recommend the migas more...

Visited November 2012