“Best pizza in Rapid City”
Review of Stonewalls

Stonewalls
Ranked #42 of 273 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Promise Road
Description: Stonewalls specializes in Certified Angus Beef brand burgers & steaks, aged and hand-cut on-site. Stonewalls is also one of Rapid City’s premier seafood restaurants. We fly in fresh, wild-caught salmon, sushi-grade tuna & weekly specials like halibut & grouper. A large selection of pasta dishes, stone-oven pizza & fresh salads round out Stonewalls’ extensive dinner menu. Don't forget to try our unique Breakfast and Lunch menus!
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We come here for the pizza, which is the best in the area. We have not eaten much else on their menu. Being oenophiles, we like to bring our own bottle when we eat out. We would eat here more often if their corkage fee was lower and more competitive with other eateries in the area.

1  Thank Rutman
Kathy L, Owner at Stonewalls, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Rutman,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you love our pizza and continue to come back to visit. Try one of our appetizers next time you are in!

Also, just a reminder that Tuesday night is half price wine night. We have an extensive wine list to choose from.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Quiet place up the hill from town. Nice atmosphere, friendly service that wasn't rushed. The wood-fire Mediterranean pizza was excellent. Will be back to try other items on the menu.

1  Thank Cambium29
Carrie D, Owner at Stonewalls, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Cambium29,

Thank you for your kind words and thank you for stopping in to see us. We look forward to your coming back. Try some artichoke dip next time. It is a customer favorite.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I stopped by after work to unwind. The wine and beer selection are excelent, and the service was great. Very friendly employees and they all had smiles on their faces. Very nice to see. The atmosphere is a plus too. We will definately return.

Kathy L, Owner at Stonewalls, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Tammy,

Thanks for stopping in. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Stop in and visit again. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I were passing through Rapid City and staying at the Big Sky Lodge for the night. After a long day of driving, we wanted to get some dinner but didn't want to drive back into the city. I googled some restaurants close to our hotel and we found Stonewall's was close by but in the opposite direction of the city, and their menus looked good. Since we were traveling with our dog, we couldn't leave him unattended in the hotel room so called to see if Stonewall's did takeout - they did. I got the spinach artichoke dip and my husband got a pasta seafood dish (I can't recall exactly what it was), and we were both kind of blown away by how good they both were. I guess we expected that it would be just average, but it was way above! The spinach artichoke dip came with a loaf of bread for dipping, and was certainly filling enough for my dinner. It was also very flavorful - much more so than spinach artichoke dips usually are when I get them - and also a bit spicy. His seafood pasta was excellent and gone in no time. They also allowed us to buy a few bottles of beer to take out with our dinner. The only thing we didn't get were utensils (I didn't think to ask when I called in our order), which I didn't actually need for my bread/dip, and luckily our hotel had some plastic utensils that we were able to get for husband to eat his pasta. I can't comment on the dining atmosphere or service, but the food was so good that I would definitely try them again if I find myself back in Rapid City!

Carrie D, Owner at Stonewalls, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Katie,

Thank you so much for stopping in and taking the time to leave a review. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Rapid City and the Black Hills. Next time you are in town, be sure to stop in.

We would love to see you again and we will remember the utensils next time!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I had seen some mixed reviews on this restaurant so was unsure about booking a "farewell" dinner for 10 after a week-long bicycling trip in the Black Hills. Boy, am I glad I listened to the good reviews! They gave us a table in the back room - all to ourselves - and gave us the best waitress ever! I'm so sorry I don't remember her name. But she was extremely knowledgeable about the menu including all the beer selections - we had a brewer with us so you know he asked all the pertinent questions. Our group ordered a variety of items, from salads to pizzas to buffalo tenderloin and there was not one complaint. The desserts were also fantastic. I found the food to be very reasonably priced and certainly disagree with anyone calling it "chain restaurant food". Instead I felt we were receiving top notch food without the overpricing of some fancy restaurant. While we only had dinner there, from the quality of food we had, I'd return for breakfast or lunch anytime...just wish it was closer to Texas!

Been to Stonewalls? Share your experiences!