“How do you take a picture of "WOW"”
Review of Summer Creek Inn

Summer Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 25 Rapid City B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 16, 2010

How do you take a picture of “WOW”?
Talk about lucky! We were lucky to make reservations at the Summer Creek Inn for our visit during the Sturgis Bike Rally. The internet gave us the feeling that we were going to have a very nice place to stay. Little did we know that a “nice” place was a total understatement. “Wow!”, can only describe our observations of the facility.

Our check in was wonderful. After taking the necessary credit card information, Nancy showed us around the facility. Rarely am I speechless, (for those that know me) but all I could muster up was “wow”. The 10 seat media room was plush with plenty of DVD movies to choose from . Our room was beyond our expectations. Granite counter tops, waterfall tub, hot tub, shower with great body sprays along with the most comfortable mattress we have slept on.

We did have our brand of beer waiting for us. (we emailed our preference) The dining area was large and comfortable. The bar was a great granite top that was a great conversation area. Coffee was always fresh with a “make it by the cup” coffee maker. A great selection of wine was also available.

Breakfast was served on the large back, covered porch. Fresh squeezed orange juice complimented gourmet breakfast each morning. We did have one dinner (we recommend having dinner too). Filet steak was tender and tasty.

We could go on and on about the facility, but we really need to comment on our hosts. Nancy and Dan were totally helpful and friendly. From the time we checked in until we had to leave (5 days) we became the most pampered guests. We had so much fun talking with them and sharing stories.
This was our first time visiting during the Bike Rally. We hope to go back in two years and hope we can get our #1 room for our next visit.

We hesitate to post pictures, because pictures just don’t do justice to the facility or the wonderful hosts. (couldn't resist a few pics of great breakfast)
It is just too difficult to take a picture of “wow!”.

David and Brenda

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank hdhogg
There are newer reviews for Summer Creek Inn

Reviewed August 10, 2010

This has to be one of the highest quality bed and breakfast establishments available. The hosts are very accomodating, knowledgeable, and friendly. The breakfasts are a highlight.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I would highly recommend Summer Creek Inn to anyone who wants the best experience with a Bed and Breakfast. We had a wonderful time. Dan and Nancy were excellent hosts! We look forward to visiting again soon!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2010

This is absolutely the best place ever! I wanted to take my fiance to a nice, quiet romantic weekend getaway, but wasn't looking for the typical rustic B and B's in the area. Boy, did I find exactly what I was looking for and then some! From the website and the 1st phone call with Nancy, to our arrival and meeting our wonderful hosts, we were instantly comfortable and just astounded at the beauty of the entire property. Once we were shown to our room (suite 9), it was just amazing! We could have spent the entire weekend in this spacious, beautiful suite with the huge, comfortable 4 poster bed, the in-room jet tub, fire place, seperate sitting area, huge shower and wow, the towels...We had to leave because I had requested dinner which was simply amazing...the best steak we've ever had, the rosemary potatoes melted in your mouth, the summer salad was so refreshing and the cake was just too good for words...all this while the baby grand played softly in the background. We watched a movie in the theater room...what a great time with Dan and Nancy! And on to the most comfy , best nights sleep ever, the linen was to die for. The next morning, breakfast was served which consisted of stuffed french toast, baked pears, egg souffles with fresh oranges and pomegranate juice...mmmm! What wonderful attention to every detail.
We literally did not want to leave and cannot wait to go back. Not only is this the most beautiful, most comfortable place with the best food in the hills area, Dan and Nancy made the entire visit...better than 'home away from home'...We feel we have met some new 'old' friends....So wonderful, we are planning our wedding there next year! Thank you so much for your making our trip such a personal experience for us! The wedding will be amazing!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Summer Creek Inn for our fifth wedding anniversary. When we arrived they were in the process of landscaping, so we were a little nervous. We had absolutely no reason to worry! This was the best bed and breakfast that we have stayed at. It was close to many of the local attractions, yet it felt like a secret hideaway. The rooms were absolutely beautiful! The service and food were amazing. We really enjoyed getting to know the owners, who made us feel like welcome friends. We can't wait to go again, and we are planning to make a return trip at least once a year. What a great place!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Eddie and I just want to thank you again for making our vacation extra special. From the excellent dinner you whipped up for us on Sunday evening after our unexpected long travel delay, to those yummy scones you left for us when we departed at 4 a.m. on Friday, we felt well taken care of, pampered even!

The room was gorgeous (Suite 5), as is the entire Inn. What a pleasure to stay there! Your recommendations for things to do and your directions were always spot on, and we ended the week feeling that we had experienced the best of the Black Hills in the limited time we had.

I rated location at a 4 only because the landscaping isn't finished. To me that was not much of a drawback, though. I enjoyed the beauty that you had created already, and I want to come back to see how it looks when it's all done. I rated the sleep quality at a 4 only because we have one of those Tempurepedic beds at home, and just nothing compares to that. :)

I thought the price was more than fair. I had checked several nearby hotels for suites (I didn't want just a hotel room), and I would have paid as much or more to have a couple of rooms or just a room with a small separate sitting area--without all the incredible ambiance, not to mention the fabulous food and the fun of meeting you and the other guests.

Thanks so much for your warm hospitality. This was the first real vacation I have had in three years, and it was a delight! I've sent the link to all my friends and family members, and they want to come for a visit, too!

I'm sorry we have no photos yet. Maybe I can come back to post some later.

Terri and Eddie, Morrow Ohio

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2010

The house is stunning, with every detail taken care of. Not only are the rooms beautifully decorated and comfortable, but there is also a movie room, billiard room, dining room and breakfast bar. The patio off the dining and living room is spacious and comfortable. And the towels in our suite were to die for! The breakfasts were delicious, and conversation with the owners and other guests made us feel at home right away. The location is great for a visit to the Black Hills, Custer State Park and the Badlands.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City
K Bar S Lodge
K Bar S Lodge
#1 of 13 in Keystone

Been to Summer Creek Inn? Share your experiences!