“Best Place Ever!!!”

Ranked #2 of 25 Rapid City B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Best Place Ever!!!”
Reviewed May 30, 2010

This bed and breakfast was the best place we have ever had the fortune to stay. The service was exceptional, the food was the best home cooking I have ever had, and the location was some of the most beautiful country on earth. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone. Thank you Nancy and Daniel for the great experience this will forever be the trip that all other will be measured. I doubt they will stand up well.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Wyoming
Reviewed March 4, 2010

One of the best places I've stayed at! The rooms were huge, modern, and decorated tastefully. In our room had an over-sized bed that was very comfortable, a large bathroom, and a whirlpool tub built in front of a fireplace. The tub was amazing! It filled from the ceiling and had massaging jets and LED lights that made the tub turn different colors. It was so romantic sitting in a tub with a fireplace right next to it. Our room also had a little walkout porch so we could look outside in the morning. I wish we had stayed two nights. They had a home theater with a drop-down screen and big comfy leather chairs with cup holders. I wish we could have utilized that room while we were there but we only stayed for one night. The location was good. It wasn't in a secluded part of the woods, but it was close enough to the road that it wasn't an issue trying to get there in the winter. Breakfast was okay, (quiche, fruit, and bacon) but I wish we had more of a variety. I like having things to choose from. Our hosts were extremely friendly, and when they could tell we wanted to be alone they didn't bother us. They even made us chocolate chip cookies when we arrived. Everything in this house was gorgeous; it was like a mansion. The website didn't do the place justice! This place is definitely geared toward the younger set. Most bed and breakfasts I looked at online were themed, or tacky, and looked like they catered to senior citizens.

My only dislike was the price point. It was priced pretty high compared to other places in the area. I guess I'm just cheap and not used to paying around $300 a night for a room. They also said they were going to require a two nights minimum stay in the future. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, but it will make it more expensive. I know a lot of people from the area don't have a lot of money to spend on things like that. If it was less expensive I would even consider going back in the near future or buying a weekend getaway for my in-laws. My recommendation: If you have the cash definitely go! You won't find any bed and breakfast that's better! I literally started jumping up and down with excitement when we were shown our room.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
summercreek, Owner at Summer Creek Inn, responded to this review, March 11, 2010
Thanks for the nice review. As a new B&B we take every comment good or bad as an opportunity to make your next stay better. It’s very common for a bed & breakfast to serve one featured breakfast a day however; we always have items like oatmeal, muffins, yogurt, fruits and a variety of breakfast cereals on hand for our guest. Sorry if you were not made aware of this. I'm not big on posting signs all over but maybe I will have to give this some thought so our guest feel free to ask for something else. As for our pricing our rates range from 145.00 to 245.00 a night with the 245.00 a night being a two bedroom suite.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rapid City
K Bar S Lodge
K Bar S Lodge
#1 of 14 in Keystone
Sweetgrass Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Summer Creek Inn? Share your experiences!