“Highly recommended”

Ranked #1 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Great place to stay! Clean and very nice rooms with a sitting area, refrigerator and microwave. Breakfast is free and includes juices, sausage, bacon, yogurt, fruit, cereal, etc. Pool is small but nice. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Only shortcoming is the wifi which was essentially unusable because it was so slow. Staff stated that the system was overwhelmed and couldn't be fixed. After our stay we were contacted by a manager who apologized for the shortcoming and said a new wifi system was to be installed. Very nice and classy touch.

Highly recommended for couples or families when going to rapid city or the black hills. Location is very convenient. We would definitely stay there again.

2 Thank Mplstodd
Aleah E, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center Rapid City, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Hello Mplstodd,

Thank you for taking time to leave a review of our Platinum Award Winning Hotel! I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would also like to apologize for the problems with the wifi, our new system is being installed as we speak! We hope you will stay with us the next time you’re in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Brooklyn, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

We brought our granddaughter west to see Mt. Rushmore (her request). We stayed at the Comfort Inn Suites. What a great experience. The rooms were large and so was the bathroom. Sophie loved the pool. The breakfast was a complete hot breakfast. It was close to the Dakota Restaurant which was an excellent steak house with a menu just for Sophie. Wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor if you have children, close to the pool, exercise room and laundry.
1 Thank kjk68
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I’m so happy to hear that you and your granddaughter had such a great experience at our hotel. It’s always fun when the kids want to visit a place such as Mt. Rushmore! We love having the Dakotah Steakhouse next door because a great meal is only a short walk across the parking lot. Please stay with us again the next time you visit the Black Hills!
Olympia, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

An excellent hotel except in a storm the elevator rains on you when its storming so I took the stairs back up from the pool which was too cool for me to swim in nice and clean though. The spa was too hot for me too so I went back tp my room and relaxed in a nice tub of bubbles.They should really get that elevator vent fixed it was running water down the lights and it was a little scary

Room Tip: all are good
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our Platinum Award Winning Hotel! I’m sorry to hear that our pool temperatures didn’t agree with you but I’m happy to hear you found relaxation in your suite! We rarely do get the perfect combination of wind and rain that blows it right into the ventilation system but not to worry, there is no harm done and we have addressed this issue. We hope you will stay with us the next time you’re in the Black Hills! We’ll have some fresh, warm cookies waiting for you!
Batavia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

I don't give 5 stars to a chain type hotel, but if I did, I'd give this hotel the 5! Nice people, very clean and bright, large room, not noisy and an ok location for the local fair grounds! A deal all around. About 10-15 minutes from the airport servicing Rapid City.

Room Tip: Its a quiet area, off Interstate 90, so no good or bad room selection. One side faces the parking l...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Aleah E, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center Rapid City, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Hello Sunshine V88,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I’m glad you found our accommodations to be of the “5 Star” caliber that we’re known for! We hope you’ll stay with us the next time you’re in the Black Hills!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

New building which was super clean and quiet. Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Convenient location which was easily accessible for out rental truck. Great steak restaurant next door is a must stop for dinner and the Free hot breakfast and wifi was a big plus. We'll definitely return to this hotel when passing through Rapid City on our next trip.

1 Thank VSKOG
Dear valued guest,

I’m very happy to hear that you found our hotel “super clean and quiet”! We pride ourselves on having an exceptional staff and I’ll pass along the nice comments to them. Yes, the Dakotah Steakhouse next door is definitely a must stop! We’ll be looking forward to welcoming you back the next time you’re in the area!
Omaha
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I can see why this hotel is award winning. I have never been told such detailed information about a hotel upon check in in my lifetime! The hotel is proud of what they offer, including 24 hour desk service, exercise room, pool, spa, adult only pool times later in the evening, how to find your room, and the times of breakfast. The best thing I liked upon check in is there is a strict rule of no excessive noise after 9:00 pm. They take this seriously and I was to call them if I experienced any issues, which I did not have any issues. I was so happy that a hotel actually had a quiet time policy! As a business traveler, I greatly appreciate this policy. If you are thinking of staying here and make noise into the night, this is not the hotel for you! The suites were big, spacious, and the beds were comfortable. The one problem I had was slow Internet connectivity.

Stayed July 2014
Hello lauren_bergen,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to leave such a great review of our property! You’re right, we do like to keep our guests up to date with what we have to offer and we also want to make sure that every guests stay is enjoyable. Please stay with us again the next time you’re in the area!
Glenrock, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Room was clean and very large, location was right where we wanted to be (close to Waikiki water park) breakfast was great and all staff we saw were very friendly. Will definitely stay here again the next time we are in Rapid City!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank thompson4567
Dear valued guest,

I’m so happy to hear that you found our rooms “clean and very large”! I’ll pass your compliments on to all the staff that helped make your stay a great one. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you’re in the area.